Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edhs2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Is 2012 going to be the end of the world?
    So I have been doing a lot of research about 2012. I find some websites that say it is not going to happen and some that say a bunch of stuff is going to happen. I am getting really nervous. I do not know what to believe anymore. Does anyone have any opinions about this? Am I over reacting about it?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 02:42 PM

Yes, you are over reacting. Were you around when 2000 came rolling in? Remember all the scares that were floating around. How the world was going to come to a screeching halt. Computers will crash etc. Well?? Didn't happen did it? Don't worry. Its not going to happen now either. It is a special moment for all of us to celebrate but its not the end of the world.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 10:56 AM

Yes, you are over reacting.

The end of the world has been predicted (wrongly ) many times,so stop worrying.

There are many oppinions about the end of the world, usually religion based.

In my opinion... no one knows

Blessings
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 14, 2010, 07:05 PM

Firstly no one not one single human on this planet has the ability to see into the future so everything you read online about 2012 being the end of the world is supposition, hype allegedly, a possibility, a maybe, and these things have been being predicted for years.

Also the Mayans have never said the world will end in 2012, just that their long count calendar will.

No one knows when the end of the world will come about or even if it will, so don't worry about it, even if it does end in 2012 we won't be aware of it. Or I doubt we will be. No World No Us.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 12:44 PM

Lets take this logically...

Will the world end in 2012?

For those who say yes, according to who?

If your answer is the "Mayans Predicted It" then consider how many times in the past predictions have come true, and how many times they have not?

If your odds are still good enough for you to believe that it will, then consider what you are capable of doing about it. Nothing? Then why are you worrying, you can't know, you couldn't do anything about it if you did, and you'll waste two years of your life in fear...
    QuestionReality Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2010, 06:38 PM

It may it may not be the end but being afraid of it isn't going to get you anywhere. Chances are it's just going to be the end of time not of life considering 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. It's probable going to be a shift of our access causing use to have to recreate the calendar we have. Longer months or different seasons or something like that. I'm no expert but I'm going not to spend the last 2 years I have on earth being afraid of something I don't really know about.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 06:53 PM

The descendants of the Mayans were interviewed, and they said all that is ending is one of their calendar periods. That's how they calculate time -- by periods. They laughed hysterically when told that people think the world is going to end when this calendar period does in 2012.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will The World End In 2012? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know if this would come into the subject of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Everybody at my school is saying "why are us kids wasting the last 3 or 4 years of our lifes in school?" Today, I asked one of them what it meant, and they told me all about it. They said that the myan tribe...

Will the world end in 2012 [ 17 Answers ]

So I was watching a show today and they were talking about the Mayan calendar and how it ends in 2012. It stated that when the calender ends the world would end. They even gave the that of Dec 22 2012. It goes on to say that The Mayan people were genuises. They knew what would happen on the sun...

Will the world end in 2012? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is the right spot to publish this question, but here goes: Do you believe that the world will end in 2012? If so, why? If not, why not?

2012 end of world [ 18 Answers ]

The maya had this belief that they could tell time using a 13 moon counting system and they said that time would end on 21 of December of 2012 now then if you believe this then please put down why you think this if you don't believe like me then put down how and why I think this is fasanating to...

View more questions Search