Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BILLIE2u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 02:33 PM
    My son is in need of a job & home for he & my grandson what programs are available?
    My son (Chris) & Grandson (Tyler) have been living with Tyler's mom's (Kristen) parents,Kristen has been in & out of the home & they were never married. I've been checking into programs to help Chris get a job and a home for him and his son. Chris has been in trouble with the law before but has settled down to be a pretty good dad! He coaches Tyler's baseball & soccer teams... Tyler is a good student (2nd grade).
    Chris Needs some help to get them (he & Tyler) out of what's become a "mentally hostile" environment,so he can feel Tyler is safe (mentally) while he's at work. My question is... Is there any "programs" for a single parent (with a felony record) that will help him get a home and or job,so they can be a self sufficient family? I know my son
    Will be able to keep their life together, he just needs some support & a helping hand to
    Get things going.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
    Hi, BILLIE2u!

There are a couple of agencies that you might want to check out to see if they can direct you to similar agencies around where you're located.

Here's the links to them.

Project NOW

Home - Safer Foundation

Thanks!
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Mar 31, 2010, 04:17 PM

Hi, BILLIE2u.

I would check out (Welcome to Job Corps), they provide;
    -Housing
    -Training
    -Money
    -Job placement
    They also offer education in many fields. The only drawback I can see is that they may not have childcare available. When I enrolled my son in the program I didn't have to worry about that.
    The requirements for the program are;
    -Must be between the ages of 16-25
    -Must have little or no income

I think that is it. Good Luck.
    -Carl17

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between job specification & Job Description? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between job specification & job descreption? What would be the job specification & job descreption of the post of Accountant for news paper Add?

The cost for converting a 60 amp home to 200 amp? [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering purchasing a great home with the exception of the outdated 60 amp service. The power runs from the street to a pole at the very back of the property in to the kitchen inside of a kitchen cabinet! To compound the issue the power runs to the house and is only 6 feet away from the...

100 amp or 200 amp service in new home? [ 17 Answers ]

We are having a home built and are anticipating having the following right now: 1250 square feet of living space C/A Fridge Separate freezer Washer/dryer Over/range Microwave Electric tankless hot water heater

Job discription & job specification [ 2 Answers ]

Differentciate between job discription & job specification

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

View more questions Search