Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linda62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Backround checks and Fingerprinting
    I was just hired for a job as a Adult Care Program Aide. I start on Monday-12/04/06. They had me go to a place that took my fingerprints and they will also do a backround check. I am 63 years old and back around 25 years ago I got into trouble with a charge about doing something to prevent the police with doing their job with an incident that concerned my son. I forget what the actual charge was. I was fingerprinted and spent a day in jail and received some probation time for it. I think it was a felony but I am not sure. How far back do they go on backround checks ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Background checks are done back to when you were 18.

Your fingerprints will show up, but many counties have not went back and put old cases in the NCIC computer system. So you have a 50/50 chance it won't show up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Were you tried and convicted or just arrested. A conviction stands a good chance to show up. An arrest that wasn't prosecuted is much less likely to show.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Fingerprinting by FBI for adoption [ 6 Answers ]

If there is an arrest for Theft by Taking, but no conviction, does one need to get the record expunged? If the record is expunged, wiil the information that is pulled up by fingerprinting for adoption look any different than if it was not expunged? Is it assumed that if a fingerprint number...

Insurance checks [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to report insurance checks I received following a job accident? If yes, How ? I haven't received any form except the W2 for the income prior to the accident. Thank you.

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search