Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jon 88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 AM
    What are examples of poisonous gases
    Now< we have air pollution... what are kinds of poisonous gases that can pollute air??
    You cannot write :carbon monoxide,sulfur oxides,CFC's
    You can write the gases that I didn't write...
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 02:24 AM

Some chemical agents, called nerve agents or poison gas, can cause death. They may be colorless, odorless, and tasteless. They can cause death rapidly if the victim inhales them or if they are splashed on bare skin. Chemical agents have not been widely used in warfare since World War I ended in 1918. Other chemical agents are not fatal, but they make their victims unable to fight. Blister agents cause huge blisters on the skin. A blister agent called mustard gas caused many casualties during World War I. Other chemical agents can cause temporary blindness or confusion. Gas masks, other protective coverings, and injections of antidotes are used as defenses against chemical agents.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 07:34 AM

Well, the first gases that come to my mind are those that cause acid rain, that is the nitrogen oxides (NO and NO2)and sulfur oxides (I know you already said the latter one).

Then, you have the lead compounds which were once produced in the engines of vehicles when there was still leaded petrol.

Then you have many dust particles from the chimney of factories, soot, ash, etc. (which are mainly carbon)

I can't think of any more for the time being.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the Most Poisonous Plant in the World? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the Most Poisonous Plant in the World?

Poisonous, untrue rumors [ 13 Answers ]

I am enrolled in a graduate level career training program and am doing very well in that program (straight As). The Dean of the program, however, is a very difficult person in my limited experience with her. She filled in for one of my instructors in a class, and previously the instructor advised...

WOE is Highly Poisonous! [ 15 Answers ]

Please read this this report. Glad I came across this article confirming it's very dangerous! Rip-off Report: World Of Entertainment 23 .com highly poisonos mercury & steroid based skin products Internet

Can bananas go poisonous? [ 3 Answers ]

Will bananas go poisonous if kept in the fridge?

What spider is this? Poisonous? [ 3 Answers ]

This guy fell from my door as I was walking under it tonight. I have them all over my house in northern Indiana. What is it? Is it dangerous to humans or cats? It's about the size of a quarter. Click here to see the photo I took of it.Thank you!

View more questions Search