Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charukohli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 12:01 AM
    How to reduce blood urea
    My dad had a renel failure in last dec . Doctor put him on dialysis. That made him really very weak. He had blood urea for 280 and creatanine for 8.1. can your suggest any measure for reducing it. He feels sleepy all day . Eats no fruits or salad.only boiled ghea or bhindi with two chapati sometomes dal that to boiled
    joeyz123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 07:27 PM

Those values are extremely high. Dialysis is probably going to be his only option. Dialysis typically makes patients weak and tired following therapy. Sometimes diuretics are used, however these drugs alone can cause additional kidney problems. The only other option right off hand might be a kidney transplant if the condition is chronic, which based on those lab values Im guessing it is.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 08:59 AM

My husband died from the complications of diabetes and dialysis.

This is something to be discussed with a Physician in detail.

I have never heard of giving diuretics to a patient with renal failure - but perhaps someone else has superior knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce creatinine and urea level [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My father is a diabetic. He is 62 years old. His sugar levels are usually controlled. Recently he was admitted in the hospital (he fainted, had breathing problem as he did not take his blood pressure medicine for 7 days while travelling). Doctor told he has kidney problem. His urea...

View more questions Search