Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umima Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 11:39 PM
    How to make boyfriend realize their mistake
    Hey..
    I'm in a relationship since 2 years.We love each other a lot. Its going a bit fine but the problem is that in the starting year my partner accepted his mistakes and all .He used to solve all the fights but now its not that now every time there is a fight I solve it ,I say sorry even if its not my mistake .I don't want this now I want that like it used to happened before that he did everything not me I want that back.. can anyone help me on this.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
    Wow.

So you want him to do all the work?

Sounds like an unhealthy relationship.

Absolutely no balance and no real understanding or honesty.

Ick to that.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 23, 2010, 12:02 AM

Agreed. It is selfish to want him to say sorry every time. Probably the reason he stopped appologizing. Talk to him about it and maybe you can come to a middle ground where you are both taking responsiblilty for your own mistakes. That'll even things out.
    If you want someone to tell you a way to gain control of this and a way for you not to take blame for any mistakes anymore then you are not at all going to get the responses that you desire. Sorry.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Why are you fighting and what do you fight about?
    How old are you?

Generally speaking,differences of opinion should be resolved by mature discussions,not arguments.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 07:26 AM

A relationship is about 2 people coming together, communicating and attempting to understand one another.

The question that keeps going through my head is what age are you guys? Seems like a very immature relationship to me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 10:12 AM

The idea of a relationship is how you work together through honest COMMUNICATIONS, so you can adapt to each other, and make the right adjustments, as you come to know each other better. That keeps a healthy balance in the relationship.

If your not talking, and listening to each other, it will never work for either of you.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:51 AM

So basically it was him trying the whole time, then you trying the whole time. Sounds like too much work on one end at different times. Try talking and working through problems together. Take time to cool off, not every problem needs to be solved right when it happens
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 11:11 AM

It's normal to make mistakes and to apologize for what a person does wrong, but it's not normal for you to apologize for his mistakes or for him to apologize for yours. :confused:

You two need to talk about things and if there does become a time that an apology is needed, it needs to come from the person that messed up... it's not like a game of Tag.
    loulaz Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2010, 12:12 PM

I think you should look for a balanced fair relationship you guys should work on this, u can make him realize this by leaving him to feel guilty , don't go and make everything up when you are not WRONG
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 07:48 AM

So now you know how he feels- solving all the problems and apologizing to you.

I think it is pretty obvious that he's tired of playing the 'take the blame, say sorry, solve the problem' game. Quite effectively you have had to realize that.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot- yours, and it doesn't fit right, realize what he is trying to say to you, and work on communicating with him.

Admit that you took him for granted to solve everything, and start talking about how to be more of an equal, and stepping up to solve things together.
    umima Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Is it okay to feel possessive.. help in problem
    Hey I'm in a relationship since 2 years.. my partner talks to other girls at this stage.. I feel possessive he says me to trust him , I do trust him but then I want him to tell me everything that what he talks about and when he talks to other girls.. he dos not tel me this.. he says he doesn't have time to tell all the things so tell's only some few things..

My friends say stop questioning about him then he will start telling me things.. what should I do.. need help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 07:22 PM

Your friends are right, show the trust by not pushing for every detail. Back up some and let him do things in his time not yours. How old are you both, anyway? Between this post, and the last one, which have been merged by the way, you sound to immature and insecure for a healthy adult relationship.

Sorry to be harsh, but you sound like a hand full.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Your definition of trust is much different than mine.
    villamet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 02:15 AM
    Its all waste of time boyz never realize their mistake as their so called ego comes in that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make my ex-boyfriend realize that he had made a mistake for BREAKING UP [ 16 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I have been together for the past three years. We are the same age(23). Although we went through a lot of ups and downs in our relationship (because he was very lazy person), we had always pull ourselves through the hard times and look past our differences. During the three...

Did I make a mistake talking to my Ex-Boyfriend? [ 6 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years, 5 months ago. He was going through a divorce and it took a toll on our relationship. About 1 1/2 months ago, after his divorce was finalized he came to me and wanted me to give him another chance. I was apprehensive and decided it wasn't a good idea, even...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

How can I make my boyfriend realize how much I love him? [ 12 Answers ]

I honestly love my boyfriend unconditionally. I really do. And I tell him that all of the time, but I feel like I can never get my full point across because its kind of unexplainable.. any ideas? Give me ANYTHING haha.:)

Did I make a mistake? [ 5 Answers ]

I called this guy who I really want to be with and told him I needed to talk to him first before making a decision. I told him that I thought everybody deserves a second chance and I am sorry for breaking up with him. Then, I asked if he was done with me. He never calls me. I always call him...

View more questions Search