Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Mar 22, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Can anyone give me a summary of the health care bill?
    I and my family were having a discussion about what was in the new health care bill. We had some disagreements. I was just wondering if anyone on here could give me a quick summary of the main points.
    meyowgee Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2010, 05:47 PM

You pay for the federal program for 4 years through increased taxes, after that if you lose your present coverage you get put on the fed program. If your company makes ANY changes to you coverage after the fifth year you are put on the federal program. If you can't provide proof of coverage your put on the federal program and fined. In other words go visit your local VA hospital and get a good look at your future. Please fined me one well run
    Government program and I'll stop the worry
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 22, 2010, 06:15 PM

It is 1000's of pages and include things like taxes on tanning booths, it does nothing to control cost or to make insurance affordable, only makes it available if you can afford it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Looks like the Health Care bill will be rammed through [ 46 Answers ]

Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas. Looks like Bammy's health care bill is going to be rammed through on Xmas Eve no less when every Senator and Congressman should be at home with their families. Now I know why the bill was pushed back a few weeks ago. It was so it could be passed in the middle of the...

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

The Baucus health care bill [ 8 Answers ]

Hello wingers: How come so quiet? Is it cause you got what you want - a GIFT of 30 million new customers to the insurance companies? If you guys weren't sooooo far to the right, Max Baucus would be a Republican... One thing you can say about Republicans, though... Even IF your...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search