Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Justice!
    The fairy and the Asylum Seeker

A beautiful fairy appeared one day to an asylum seeker claimant outside the Immigration Offices.

'My good man,' the fairy said,
    'I've been told by the Prime Minister to grant you three wishes, since you’ve just arrived in Malta with your wife and seven children – all costs to be borne by the Maltese Tax Payers.'

The man told the fairy:
    'Well, in Eritrea where I come from we don't have good teeth, so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in them.'
    The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and

-- PING!! The Asylum Seeker had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth!

'What else?' asked the fairy, 'two more wishes to go'.

The Asylum Seeker refugee claimant now got bolder.
    'I need a big house with a three car garage on High Ridge with eight bedrooms – and a Gold Visa Card in each room -for my family and the rest of my refugee relatives who still live in Eritrea . I want to bring them all over here.

PING ! - In the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three car garage, a long driveway, a walkout patio with a BBQ, and a sparkling swimming pool and a BMW, full of his nephews playing their music.

'One more wish left for you', said the fairy, waving her wand.

The Asylum Seeker refugee claimant really decided to go for broke now and said “I want to be Maltese with Maltese Clothes instead of the rags and shawl , and I want to have white skin like the Maltese.'

PING ! - The man was transformed, wearing worn out Stubbies shorts, a dirty Bonds T-shirt and a greasy terry-towel hat. He had his bad teeth back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.
    'What happened to my new teeth?' he wailed. 'Where is my new house? Where’s my Visa Gold Card?'
    The fairy said
    'Tough luck. Now that you are Maltese,
    you're entitled to
    sweet nothing at all like the rest of us”.
    And she disappeared.

Do you think this is FAIR ?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 11:11 AM

I find something fishy with every magical fairy I run into:)

But, I do get your point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get justice [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-husband attacked me in my vehicle while I was picking up our 15 yo daughter from High School(03-2007). We share custody 50/50. Ex is a Deputy Sheriff. My 3yo daughter from current marriage was also in the vehicle. Ex pounded on the window and yelled obscenities. Once ex backed off I went...

What is justice? [ 21 Answers ]

A possible definition of justice is "getting what we deserve". But what do we deserve? Do we deserve anything? We are thought to have a right to life but what have we done to deserve to live? Nothing! Do we deserve to die? No! What have we done to receive the death penalty? Nothing! So it would...

Restorative Justice [ 2 Answers ]

How could restorative justice play into who gets put in prison and for how long?

Any Justice? [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Can anyone answer this... can I do anything when I am infected with herpes and know the person that has it... he knows I have already contacted him...

View more questions Search