Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedHelpLA29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Louisiana probation violation
    My boyfriend is on probation for felony theft of $500 and possession of legend drug(soma). He was recently arrested for Possession with intent to distribute schIV (xanax) and simple criminal damage to property. We were able to get him out of jail with a bail bondsman and there was no probation hold on him at the time. So we want to know if his PO comes to the house, will he arrest him when if he tells him that he was arrested? He is currently seeking treatment in a outpatient rehab for his problems, will this help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 06:25 PM

If you have not called the PO or went in, and already reported the arrest that is another violation, one the PO will most likely be even more pissed about.

Yes most likely as soon as the PO finds out, he will issue a warrant to pick him up, that should have been addressed prior to the bail, since he may be picked up and any money paid to the bondsmen is just lost.

But it will not go away so address this with PO ASAP
    NeedHelpLA29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If you have not called the PO or went in, and already reported the arrest that is another violation, one the PO will most likely be even more pissed about.

Yes most likely as soon as the PO finds out, he will issue a warrant to pick him up, that should have been addressed prior to the bail, since he may be picked up and any money paid to the bondsmen is just lost.

But it will not go away so address this with PO ASAP
    So, it would be in his best interest to call his PO and let him know? Will this likely result in him being arrested again? He is working and we are getting him into an outpatient rehab this week, will this help him out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 06:44 PM

Not only in his best interest but required, Part of his probation was to notify the PO of any arrests. Not telling the PO "right away" is often considered a violaton, if the PO finds out about it from computer report or from the police, it is going to be a lot worst at any hearing since the PO will not be happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second violation but first formal probation violation sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was violated on informal probation and sentenced 30 days. Now he's on formal probation and was violated. What will he be sentenced?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

Release from adult probation in Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

When you get released from adult probation (in Louisiana) are all conditions of that probation done away with are do you still have to meet those conditions ( church attendance, community service and so on)

Probation Transfer From Louisiana To Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a registered sex offender on probation in Louisiana and I'm wanting to move to Michigan to be with the love of my life.We were once engaged when I was there in 2005.But I had to move back here due to the death of my mother.So I guess my question is,How do I go about requesting a transfer?

Violation of Probation ER (in Louisiana) [ 21 Answers ]

Okay... first of all hi to all. Im new to this site so forgive me if I don't so this right :(... Anyways my boyfriend/baby's father got arrested on the 6th of last month for getting recorded on video selling drugs to an undercover cop and another time buying drugs and the last time taking money to...

View more questions Search