Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amartinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Data Conversion Software
    Can the hours to develop software that converts data from a retired system to a new one be capitalized? This was part of a bigger project to integrate an acquired company. As additional acquisitions occur, the software will be reused. Many of the accounting codes mention that it is in certain situations, but don't go into detail. The Government Standard Accounting Board mentions that guidance on data conversion costs should be considered for inclusion in the Comprehensive Implementation Guide, but the most recent guide did not include it.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 01:08 AM

I don't have an answer on that... just wanted to let you know that I doubt seriously anyone here knows GSAB stuff. First they'd have to be from the U.S. and some of our regular posters are not. And second, just know that area. I never even learned it to begin with because it's a specialized area. Not that I want to chase someone away, but if questions you have will pertain to GSAB, you may be better off getting on Google and seeing if you can find a forum on a site that covers that area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free software to transpose data from rows to columns [ 1 Answers ]

Asifabad Boath Chennur Asifabad Boath Chennur Asifabad Boath Chennur Asifabad Boath Chennur Asifabad Boath Chennur Asifabad Chennur Asifabad Chennur Asifabad Chennur Asifabad Chennur Asifabad Chennur

Freeware Data Recovery Software [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to recover date from a pen drive from which the file system itself has been corrupted and the system is asking for formatting it even having data in it? Are there any free (freeware) Data Recovery Software? If yes, which is the best?

Add data compilation software to webpage [ 1 Answers ]

I like to add automatic data compilation software to my googlepages website. i.e.. when customers needs number of units required on that particular commodity they have to enter the number and consolidated requirement has to come in another webpage. Please suggest some free website which provides...

Data Recovery Software suggestions? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, looks like I'm hosed. I once sent a HD for data recovery and it cost me $600. I've googled data recovery software and am overwhelmed with the options. Do any of you know of an app that you know is good? Thanks!

View more questions Search