Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jk_gonefishin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 08:52 AM
    My babysitter is suing me for child support
    My babysitter of 6 years is suing me for child support. Can she do this? What can I do as the primary parent?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 09:05 AM

How can she sue you for child support? Do you have a child with this individual?

Are you sure you don't mean back wages or unpaid wages for babysitting services?

Please fill in some details here for us.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 09:30 AM

What??
    factorygirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2010, 09:52 AM

How is that possible?
    He or she cannot sue you for child support unless they are one of the primary caregivers (ex: mother or father). And they would need a long list of reasons and evidence to do so.
    Please give more details :)
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by factorygirl View Post
    How is that possible?
    He or she cannot sue you for child support unless they are one of the primary caregivers (ex: mother or father). And they would need a long list of reasons and evidence to do so.
    Please give more details :)
    A few things: primary caregivers aren't limited solely to mother and father.

And no, you don't need a "long list of reasons and evidence" to receive child support. You need to be the primary caregiver and the other party needs to be the legal parent, whether biological or adoptive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

A child at 12yrs old is old enough to not have a babysitter in the state of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

A child at 12yrs old is old enough to not have a babysitter in the state of Florida

View more questions Search