Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmfg Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 08:28 AM
    I'm worried I'm going to lose her need advice
    hi I need some advice. I'm 2, she's 18, we've been dating my girlfriend for just a little over a year now, and things were going wonderful. Until just after this last christmas.

we used to shower everyday together and be practically inseparable with just about everything. We would cuddle together every morning and night.

now she never wants me near her when she is showering, she goes in there and locks the door and puts on loud music. When she goes to her volunteer service thing, I used to always go with her, now she made some excuse about how I should go with because she'll get in trouble. THERE Wasn't A PROBLEM BEFORE!! I just don't get it

I don't think she is cheating, I just couldn't see her doing that. But there is definitely something going on. The other day she randomly just left outside without saying anything, and when I went out there I heard her on the phone, then when I saw her she denied ever being on the phone or even having it. So I ask her where it is and immediately she goes and grabs it from right under the bed. I checked there before I asked her. It definitely was not there. She had the phone with her. I just really need some advice.
    I can't think straight anymore, I'm losing sleep, I never play my guitar any more. Life seems so bland and tasteless now. Thanks for your time sorry its so long.

p.s. if your going to post some comment about anything to do with our sex life, then please don't bother. Sex has nothing to do with this. I love it but its far less important than keeping her. Ill never bone again if I have to. Have a nice day.
    -jmfg
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 09:05 AM

Since sex has nothing to do with this, I'm moving it to the RELATIONSHIP forums.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 09:13 AM

Things change in a relationship, that's why you pay attention, get facts (not just feelings) and talk it over.

I would certainly find out why she is acting so differently. And when trust is lost, so goes the relationship. When the communications goes, the relationship is gone.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 09:23 AM

Time to have an honest,serious conversation about what's going on in your relationship.

The sooner the better.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2010, 02:34 PM

I know you don't want to hear it, but when someone hides their phone, has secretive conversations, and avoids their SO, there is some definite problems there. To me it points to a very real possibility that she's seeing, or at least communicating, with someone else. She may not be having a physical affair, but could be having an emotional affair.

Bottom line is that you two need to talk. If she won't talk to you about what's going on, then it may be time for you to move on, because without communication there is no relationship to even work on.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 02:54 PM

See... to me, it's the "practically inseparable" that's the problem.

EVERYONE needs time away from their SO, and needs time to do things with other friends and people (like volunteering) without having their girlfriend/boyfriend constantly hovering.

My guess is that the honeymoon period of your relationship has passed, and that she doesn't know how to tell you that she needs more SPACE from you without it being hurtful to you.

But... like everyone else says--you have to TALK to her about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm going to lose my mind [ 21 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged Fair warning: Please stop creating new threads, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread Here's the story: Ive been dating this girl named monica. We broke up a few times in the beginning and then I had to move but we kept dating. So I'm in...

What's going to happenn if I lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

Before I started college I weighed about 135 pounds. Since then I have gained about 30 pounds, and I am in the process of losing it. Anyway... I know this may sound like a strange question, but I'm really curioius. When I gained that way my boobs got a cup size bigger because of the weight gain,...

I'm going to lose it! [ 62 Answers ]

It's either me venting on here right now... or I'm going to text him and regret it... Why do I still want him? F--- my life! THANKS for not caring about me at all! Thanks for getting me hooked on you when I wanted nothing to begin with. I really appreciate how wonderful you were in the...

I've gained some weight and I think I'm going to lose my husband [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 6months. We have lived together for 2 years before our marriage. Needless to say we've been together a little while. When I met my husband I was 18 and 110 pounds and my husband told me every day how lucky he was to have a girl as beautiful as me. He would...

View more questions Search