Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaSkeeter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Cold Kitty
    Although my cat is overweight, he seems to be cold all the time. He lays on the heating register. I have seen small dogs do this but never a cat. What gives??
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Im not a vet, but I have 2 cats. Both of them are far from skinny actually both rather chubby.. my chubby babies :) They both love the heat. The work they way under the blankets especially in the winter. I know that cats love the heath.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 06:23 AM
    My cat was a chunky thing, but he often would seek a warm spot. Sometimes cuddling with my dog, other times laying in the sun. It sounds completely normal to me.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Yes laying in the sun is another. On a hot summer days here it gets up to 35deg Celsius.. they both love it, rolling all over the garden floor in da sun ;)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 1, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSkeeter
    Although my cat is overweight, he seems to be cold all the time. He lays on the heating register. I have seen small dogs do this but never a cat. What gives?????
    Its normal. Im the same way as the cat. Get them a blanky
    heathervettechCa Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2006, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSkeeter
    Although my cat is overweight, he seems to be cold all the time. He lays on the heating register. I have seen small dogs do this but never a cat. What gives?????
    Cats like warm surfaces. It is comforting to them. Becareful not to let her burn herslef though.
    Good luck
    NatashasMum Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
    All my pets are the same way. Every one of them loves to lay in the sun or under the blankets. I think its just a comfort zone thing. My solution is to cuddle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with kitty [ 10 Answers ]

I need some help. My cat has been missing since 8/12. I have posted about 70 LOST signs in the neighborhood, and printed 50 more today that I will put up tomorrow. I have gone to the shelter and looked there. I have searched online on found cat sites. I have posted online lost cat. I put an ad out...

Fat Kitty! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 4 years old, and is very fat. She was a runt as a baby, and was always very tiny, but she started gaining weight about a year ago and now is literally the size of a basketball. She has the tiniest little head! Its like the size of a tennis ball. We recently got a new...

Crazy kitty! [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I fed 2 stray cats and of course... they have never went away. One cat is older and very pretty, he's very nice and will let you hold him and cuddle him. The other one is however not so nice and gentle. He's a kitten, maybe close to a year old. He will rub on people but won't...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

Trying to understand kitty [ 1 Answers ]

Undefined I have never owned a kitten before so I'm learning as I go. Why do they,with front paws,knead you? It is as if they are kneading dough but with a little claw added... never enough to hurt but enough to let you know they are there.undefined

View more questions Search