Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aevorozco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 11:26 PM
    I'm planning to buy a ford e series diesel, is the engine reliable?
    I am planning to buy a 1995-1999 Ford E series passenger van with Diesel engine. I was offered a 7.3, 6.4 and 6.0 engine. I want to know which has a more reliable engine and what is the fuel consumption?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2010, 06:58 AM

How can you be "offered" a choice of three motors? Is this a van that someone is installing a diesel in? The only diesel Ford had in those days was the 7.3L IH built diesel. It was the best diesel Ford has ever sold. The 6.0L diesel was introduced about 2002 and was problem plagued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 ford diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

2006 f 350 diesel starts when cold and does not when hot and laso runs rough

Water leak problems on a ford 7.3L diesel engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 ford f250 7.3L diesel 4x4 truck and it is leaking water from somewhere severely.. it looks like it could be coming from the water neck that is on the motor where the upper radiator hose is connected to... and for the first time today it ran extremely hot and had no coolant/water in...

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

2003 F250 Ford Diesel Truck 6.0 engine [ 2 Answers ]

My diesel truck is giving me fits. When I start it up there is no problem, but after it runs for awhile, it starts to vibrate (you can feel it in the steering wheel) it acts like it is going to die, runs badly like water in the gas, then you get a fuel smell in the cab. If you give it a little more...

View more questions Search