Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milby1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
    My cursor jumps to another part of page in word, what is wrong
    While typing a word document, the cursor will jump to another point on the page. Many times in the middle of another sentence. Is this mouse or software problems?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 10:06 PM

Working on a laptop or a desktop?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah, a need to know question...

If you are working on a laptop, you will find that while you're typing you palm or wrists will hit the mouse pad. This sends a click sensor to the pointer, often moving your cursor to another location.

I had this problem for the longest time. I learned to type with my arms crooked, but then I got a newer laptop, which allowed me to lock the mouse pad so that touching it wouldn't change anything. Made life easier... that's for sure.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 11:18 AM

For me it was my errant thumbs...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Page numbers in Ms Word [ 2 Answers ]

I want to insert page numbers in my document. The problem is that I want the page numbers to start from 3rd page but its not working whenver I apply command of "insert page numbers" it always start from the beginning.

Huge Word Doc Too Many Page Sizes - Unable to Change Page Setup [ 8 Answers ]

Windows Vista Microsoft Word 2003 SP3 I've a 298 page word doc which was created by: a) scanned into a PDF document b) using Abbyy FineReader Optical Character Recognition OCR software I turned it into a Word Doc Now, the problem is that while the majority of the Word Doc has paper set to...

Word 2007 - splitting the page into 2 or 3 sections for a long list [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a long list similar to this: 1) A 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) C Well after a while it runs to page two in MS word and I wanted to know if there was an easy way to move the single long row into a few rows lined up next to each other on page one

Link to part of a page that has no anchors? [ 2 Answers ]

In the case where there is no apparent anchor, is there a way that I can link to a section of a webpage? An example is our Experts & Moderators page: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showgroups.php Is there a way that I can make a hyperlink to the Administrators section in the same way that...

My Cursor prints out the word "MARK" [ 8 Answers ]

This is a recent problem I have encountered. I am running IE6 WinXP Home. Lately, if I go to a website and say, click on a search button with my cursor, where I click the cursor will automatically print out in small blue letters the word "MARK" (w/o quotes of course). This does NOT prevent me...

View more questions Search