Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akanksha.sharma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 11:25 AM
    inter caste marriage,how to convince parents
    Hi, I am a brahmin girl and m in love with a guy who is also a hindu but somewhat lower caste. Both of us are well settled and want to get married. But our parents are very orthodox and are behaving as if we have committed a sin by loving each other. They are emotionally making us weak. We are not able to decide anything and we need suggestions. Please help.thanks
    leif_erikson Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2010, 02:43 PM

I'm assuming that you're from India, one of the few places that still has a caste system. I don't want to sound too simple but I think that you guys should just live your lives and be together. Forget your parents' views on inter-caste marriages and toss that factor out of the equation as much as you possibly can.

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant and it's what you do what the gift of life that determines who you are. Isn't that the reason why you love him? You love him for who he is and not for what social class he belongs to. I'm in a similar predicament. (with an Asian female) However, I just give some consideration to my family's opinions but ultimately go my own way.

Furthermore, if I were you, I'd get out of India (or move to a different part of the country where people aren't so intolerant) because I don't want to have any feelings of regret for being in love with someone who I'm comfortable with. You're the only person who can live your own life and you should keep it that way. Don't let your parents choose your greatest love for you. It won't be true love unless you're sure of him.

Sources: A guy who's expatriating to a place that's more tolerant of interracial marriages in the near future... Well, there are other reasons I'm leaving but those aren't relevant.
    question4321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 05:57 AM
    If the parents r orthodox its quoite difficult to convience thenm. But still if god helps then thr might be some miracal.god blees u.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Inter caste marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm vaishali, I belong to brahmin hindu family and I love a boy who belongs to hindu caste but fall in schdule caste. He is well settled but how we convience our parents on inter caste especially about schdule caste marriage. Kindly give me suggestion what I have to do now?

Is this Inter-caste marriage? Can it happen? Share your exp. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a very generalized question. I belong to NAIDU caste, KAMMA NAIDU specifically. My friend is also NAIDU caste but BALIJA NAIDU. If we both marry, will it be called inter-caste marriage? (as we are marring inside NAIDU caste.) And, on an average, how often does this type of...

How to convince parents for inter caste marriage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I am in prob... hope that you guys can help me... I belong to jatt sikh family and m in love with lubana boy(same religion bt nt same caste).I live here in India and he and his whole family lives in USA.My parents are looking a match for me from the same community.How can I convince...

Convince Parents on Inter-caste marriage? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Friends, Hope you would be able to help me with this... I am a Hindu Brahman guy in love with a girl and I have 2 problems... 1) she is a couple of months elder to me 2) she is non-brahmin... my brother loved and married a gal within the same caste (couple of months elder to him).. my parents...

View more questions Search