Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherub_xo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Which is more important?
    The city I live in is having a huge ice storm. The driving conditions are horrible and there are several thousands of people without electricity because of the ice. My fiancé works at a retail store. I asked him to call in because I didn't want him on the road and the news was advising people to stay home unless they absolutely had to get out. My fiancé NEVER calls in to work and is very reliable. So he calls in and they tell him too many people have called out already and he has to come to work. They have hardly any employee's there and no customer but insist on keeping the employee's who did come to work as late as possible. They close at 9pm and it is now 10pm and they haven't let anyone leave yet. Keep in mind the ice storm is still continuing and driving conditions are getting worse. Is business and money more important then the safety and lifes of others?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 30, 2006, 09:48 PM
    No it isn't, and if he is not safe he needs to do what it takes to be safe. If the company causes conditions where he gets hurt, it's a viable law suit and someone may need to politely remind management of that. I once experienced a company try to force 80-100 hour work weeks on salaried management which meant no overtime pay. When I suggested that I had instructed my attorney to investgate any traffic accident I might have as possiblty the result of being overworked and too tired, that ended it right there. Bad company!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How important is sex? [ 11 Answers ]

I have found a great girl who is honest, trustworthy, caring, and has a great head on her shoulders. She is exactly the type you can settle down with. I love everything about her except the sex. She is very attractive but I am not into her sexually. I am a very sexual person. My last...

Returning something important [ 15 Answers ]

Hi my friends. Just wanted some of your valued advice on a situation I find myself in. Whilst doing some much needed cleaning of my cupboard over the weekend I come across something that belongs to my ex. Well many things actually. Most of them aren't important things and I won't even bother...

Fraud really important [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, as you seen about 2-3 weeks ago on front page of the newspaper in windsor ontario I kind of made front page... any ways I'm getting charged with a lot of stuff I'm wondering if I would get time.. I have no previous record ( Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence, Possession of Property...

Important interview [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Ive got a really big interview coming up and I'm already getting nervous. Are there any technqiues I can use to seem cool as a cucumber? I want to be able to communicate clearly, answer questions and be dream candidate! Its for a teaching job, if that helps Thanks heaps

Really important, need advice! [ 7 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search