Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    efren barbo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 05:26 AM
    Shower outlet elevation
    I want to know what is the standard height for shower valves and out using a wall mount shower heads
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 20, 2010, 06:48 AM

We center our shower valves at 48 inches and the shower arm at 72 inches. Having said that, I've made them taller if the home owner requests. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 01:22 AM

In my area we always ask customers how high the want it. It varies from household to household. People come in different heights and tall people don't like to bend over to get under the shower head. Do as Tom said... But in general, we set our shower head outlet at 78" to 84" high.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2010, 03:02 PM

48" for the valve and 80" for the shower head arm. I am well over 6' tall and really don't like having to bend over to get my hair wet. If you anticipate anyone taller than 6'6" using your shower I would raise the shower head accordingly.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 05:29 PM

Follow the expert’s advices like they say it depends on your desire, as Moen, Delta and some other recommends, open the link below and you will see all the dimensions, good luck.

John

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/82576sp.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Routing shower outlet [ 9 Answers ]

I'm moving the plumbing in a shower stall (no tub) and wanted to know if what I'm planning is OK to do. I'd like the shower valve to be on one wall and the outlet on the opposite wall, about 5.5 feet away. The hot and cold supply come from the crawlspace under the bathroom up the wall. Id like to...

Angle of elevation [ 5 Answers ]

If I know the angle of elevation of an object is 58 degrees at 50 feet from the object, is there any simple way of calculating what the angle of elevation would be 11 feet below the observation point at the same distance (50 feet) from the object ? Any help would be appreciated. Flashman2

Angles of elevation [ 1 Answers ]

Heyy Amy sees a radio tower at a bearing of 293 degrees and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 10 degrees. John is 350 metres from amy and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 6 degrees. The bearing from john to amy is 252 degrees. Find the height of...

Shower trap and drain line elevation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning to build a shower stall, and would like to know how much height I should have available under the floor for the trap and drain line. I'll be using 1 1/2" ABS pipe.

View more questions Search