Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 05:07 AM
    A plant for a cemetery plot
    I want to plant a perennial on my husband's grave where grass has never grown. I am not a gardener and have no idea what would be suitable and what would last. Someone suggested that I plant lavender but I don't know if this is a good choice and I would lilke to know what would be a good choice. Thank you for your help.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2010, 07:04 AM

Lavender is an excellent suggestion and is a regular choice in the UK for cemetery plots. Comes in a few different colours, is a hardy plant, but there are different varieties so visit a nursery and pick one that doesn't need a lot of maintenance if you don't intend on visiting the cemetery a lot, but you will have to visit the first season to water and tend to the plants to make sure they get a good start to mature and survive.

Ms tick
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 07:50 AM

Will one plant be enough or do I need more?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2010, 10:19 AM

One plant is not enough. I don't know how much your plot is is though, maybe six spaced out, I am assuming.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 03:11 PM

Azaleas also grow great in Sacramento:) I prune mine every couple years and you could start small.
    Edit.. green always and blooms a couple times a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only the plot to go on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for the author and tiltle of a book I read a while ago. It's set in rural England where a girl comes over from America to stay with her cousins. Then a (fictional) war breaks out, all communications are shut down so it's chaos. They're stuck at this farmhouse with no adults, the...

Cemetery Deeds Inherited? [ 3 Answers ]

There is an old family plot in a local Louisiana cemetery which the deed is in my great grandmother's name. Can this deed be brought down through the generations and put in a living person's name. If so, how? LJNMC1800

Different colored cassons at Alrington National Cemetery [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of the different colored cassons? We saw a casson with black horses and the coffin drapped in a black cloth. We also saw a casson with the coffin covered with the flag and white horses.

The plot [ 2 Answers ]

What's the plot of this movie called the Prestige??

Visiting the cemetery [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was Jewish (raised Orthodox). I am Christian. We talked about all sorts of things when he was dying and he said over and over that he did not want me to visit the cemetery for the first year OR until I had "moved on." He asked for no promises and I made none. I did keep the...

View more questions Search