Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    htv1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 01:28 PM
    The defendant has already filed bankruptcy. Can I collect if I win my case?
    I have a civil lawsuit against my boss and his coporation coming soon. He knows he will lose the case so he just filed bankruptcy Chapter 11. If I win the lawsuit, is there any change that I will be able to collect the damage award to me from him? Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 08:23 PM

Actually no you can't have a law suit against someone who has declared bankruptcy on the debt.

You can still sue the corporation, unless it files bankruptcy but you can not longer sue him personally if he has filed bankrutpcy on this debt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement filed after bankruptcy filed [ 3 Answers ]

I was summoned to appear in court on 4/15/05 for a delinqeunt debt to a credit card company. On 4/28/05, I filed bankruptcy but on my credit report the company filed a judgement on my report on 5/5/2005. Can they put a judgement on my credit after I have filed bankruptcy?

How do I write a motion to dismiss in an unlimited civil case, I'm the defendant [ 1 Answers ]

At a hearing I verbally asked the judge to dismiss the case based on the statute of limitations and the statute of frauds. He said "I hear what you are saying but I need that in writing." How does one put that in writing for a judge?

If I win a small claims judgement in Indiana, how do I collect? [ 2 Answers ]

I anticipate I will be suing a tenant for the cost of repairs for damages done to the carpets from un-authorized pets. If I win the judgement, how do I go about collecting in the state of Indiana? She left a forwarding address and has been given notice of my intent if she fails to pay for the...

View more questions Search