Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Is it wrong to make him pay for my nails getting redone?
    I recently got my nails done with my mum, a mother-daughter mall day. Total of $50, 20 per hand plus 10 tip. My friend today threw a volley ball at my hand hard enough to break my real nail and the acrylic in half, so I now need to go get them redone. Since only one hand was his fault, I'm asking him to pay for one hand to be redone. He claims that since it was accidental, he shouldn't have to pay. I say that regardless of whether it was on purpose or accidental, you break it, you buy it.

Is it fair that I'm asking him to pay for one hand to be redone?
    turtlegirl17 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Mar 19, 2010, 12:52 PM

Heck yes! Make him pay its totally fair.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by igot1forya View Post
    Nothing personal, but If you plan to spend that much money on your nails perhaps you should avoid going places where such activity can damage them.
    It was at school during gym. I didn't plan on anything. Like I said, it was a mother/daughter day. It was a special thing that she saved up money for.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 01:39 PM

I wouldn't pay for it since it is a luxury not a necessity. Now if he would have broken a pair of glasses then yeah I would expect some type of payment.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    I say that regardless of whether it was on purpose or accidental, you break it, you buy it.
    Lol

Well, were you playing volleyball, or did he throw the ball at you unexpectedly? If it's the second one, then you, I'd expect him to pay.

EDIT
    Never mind I just read that this happened in gym class. It's not his fault, it is an accident.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    lol

Well, were you playing volleyball, or did he throw the ball at you unexpectedly? If it's the second one, then ya, I'd expect him to pay.

EDIT
    Never mind I just read that this happened in gym class. It's not his fault, it is an accident.
    we were off on our own. And he threw the ball at me randomly. Hit hard enough to break my nail and cause my other fingers to swell up

we weren't even playing the game. He just randomly threw it at me as hard as he could
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 02:22 PM
    we were off on our own. and he threw the ball at me randomly. hit hard enough to break my nail and cause my other fingers to swell up

we weren't even playing the game. he just randomly threw it at me as hard as he could
    Why did he "randomly throw it at you as hard as he could"? Why "as hard as"? Had you been teasing him or daring him to do something? I'm also wondering about the "randomly" part. If it was, why are you hanging around with someone so mean?
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why did he "randomly throw it at you as hard as he could"? Why "as hard as"? Had you been teasing him or daring him to do something? I'm also wondering about the "randomly" part. If it was, why are you hanging around with someone so mean?
    I hadn't been teasing him or anything. If I were, I would've said that and not randomly. My other friends were absent today, so I couldn't hang out with them during gym. So I did with him. He tries to show off around this one guy in gym how hard he can throw stuff and strong he is and stuff like that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
    I hadn't been teasing him or anything. if I were, I would've said that and not randomly. my other friends were absent today, so I couldn't hang out with them during gym. so I did with him. He tries to show off around this one guy in gym how hard he can throw stuff and strong he is and stuff like that.
    (I love it when you answer so fast! I'm busy having an Internet fight with someone on another site, so will try to watch closer for your replies.)

Still, you placed yourself and your freshly manicured nails in jeopardy by playing soccer with a male. We all know males are hunter-killer types who don't respect home and the cooking fire until it's time to eat.

I say the nails are your responsibility, and the broken one should be repaired at your own cost.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:39 PM
    (I love it when you answer so fast! I'm busy having an Internet fight with someone on another site, so will try to watch closer for your replies.)

Still, you placed yourself and your freshly manicured nails in jeopardy by playing soccer with a male. We all know males are hunter-killer types who don't respect home and the cooking fire until it's time to eat.

I say the nails are your responsibility, and the broken one should be repaired at your own cost.
    I wasn't playing a game! I was walking around with him while he waited for his crush to come in... then he randomly threw it at me. And he is far from the normal guy...
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:41 PM

O well, Regardless, I'm deciding against making him pay. If he wants to, he can. I paid for his ring I smudged, yes smudged! Maybe he'll feel obligated to return the favor
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
    O well, Regardless, I'm deciding against making him pay. If he wants to, he can. I paid for his ring I smudged, yes smudged! maybe he'll feel obligated to return the favor
    Good for you, for being the better person, for rising above the fray, for heaping coals of fire on his head! I hug and kiss you!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Good for you, for being the better person, for rising above the fray, for heaping coals of fire on his head! I hug and kiss you!!!!
    Aww thanks!

Wait a minute... I just realized... I GOT THAT RING FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
    aww thanks!

wait a minute... I just realized... I GOT THAT RING FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! You are too sweet! And funny too!
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! You are too sweet! And funny too!
    Awwwww thanks WG!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
    i wasn't playing a game! I was walking around with him while he waited for his crush to come in... then he randomly threw it at me. and he is far from the normal guy...
    Hmmm... his crush? Maybe you can talk her into suggesting to him to pay for the repairs. Because he needs to pay to have them repaired and not take it so lightly. And it really hurts when the acrylic nails break by accident. But, if all else fails, you can aim to hit him with the ball really hard repetitively "by accident" of course :S
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    hmmm...his crush? Maybe you can talk her into suggesting to him to pay for the repairs. Because he needs to pay to have them repaired and not take it so lightly. And it really hurts when the acrylic nails break by accident. But, if all else fails, you can aim to hit him with the ball really hard repetitively "by accident" of course :S
    His crush is a guy.. . Who said my nails looked... possible jealousy there?

Anyway, yeah it hurt. But I decided to not make him pay.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2010, 12:45 PM
    His crush is a guy. . . who said my nails looked... possible jealousy there?

Anyway, yeah it hurt. But I decided to not make him pay.
    Maybe it is jealousy then... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charged the wrong co-pay [ 1 Answers ]

About 6 months ago I was travelling out of state when I got injured. It was not serious but I wanted to get checked out. I called my health insurance carrier and asked where I could be seen, preferably at a walk-in clinic. I was given the option of going to an Emergency Room, or an Urgent Care...

How do you make someone pay what they are ordered to pay you? [ 2 Answers ]

I was the victim of a hit and run accident in Sept. of 2001. I know it may be too late, now, but when I found this site, I thought I might ask if there is any way I can ACTUALLY get the $500 he was ordered to pay me. I have contacted the DA, the judge, and the Dept. of Revenue, where I was...

How to make him pay [ 3 Answers ]

How do I make my ex husband pay per our ageement on our divorce decree? Do I have to get a different lawyer? Can I file lien against his belongings on my own through court? I am in Hawaii

Nails.how to make them flipping stronger! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm thirteen and all I seem to care about is how I look lately, I like making a good impression of myself but my nails really let me down, I've tried nail strengthener, jelly cubes, and nothing... my nails aren't the slightest bit stronger... it takes the mick! Has anyone got any advice on how...

View more questions Search