Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qlynn47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
    The belt is loose and my riding mower won't drive when in gear
    I have a 6 speed sears craftsman riding mower. I put in gear 1,2 and 3 and the mower won't move. I notice the belt for the pedal was not going into pulley. I moved belt but now not sure what I did. If you release the break pedal the mower stops. If you push the pedal to stop the mower, the mower goes but it drives very very slow. Not sure what I did
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 19, 2010, 05:03 PM

Check your purchase records to see if a maintenance contract was added. Sears is typically very insistent about this at the time of purchase & it is a great idea. If you have this, then contact Sears.
    The belt is probably worn which caused the initial problem. It will need replacement. Other drive train parts may also be worn. Start with the belt.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 05:22 PM

What's your model number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing a drive belt on a riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20.5 hp yardmachine riding mower with a 46" mower deck. I am trying to change the drive belt and can't seem to figure out the routing pattern on how it goes on. The owners manual doesn't have it in it and I've even e-mailed yardmachine themselves and they won't help unless I take to a...

Replace Drive Belt on Craftsman II riding mower [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a diagram available that will show me how to replace the drive belt on an older Craftsman II 11 HP 6 speed 40 inch riding mower. The deck is off it already. The Model number is 592255750 the serial number is 00350427. The belt broke and came off and I have no way of knowing how to get the...

View more questions Search