Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srajanforyou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 05:28 AM
    Summon Received from a financial company
    Dear sir/madam,

I hope I am not dusturbing you. If I am wrongly contacted you I am extremely sorry sir!
    I got loan from a financial company for Rs.50000/- and Paid every EMI(Rs.3815/-) when I was in Job nearly more than 6 EMIs. Unfortunately I lost my job now. For 6 months I am doing only preparation for competitive exams(govt & Banks) and also searching job.

Moreover I informed the same through letters to the finance company and their lawers.Clearly requested them to wait till I get my job. But they wantedly pulled me to Kolkata court.(they deposited my cheque which I gave on trust for security purpose.(They filled it for 53000/).

I would like to know that how can I handle the issue since I am in Tamil Nadu State(Tiruvallur,Tiruvallur District). Is there any possible that I will not go to Kolkata court. (This is the first summon). Also It is far away (nearly more than 2000 km) from here & I have problem in language too/will feel stranger. If you can solve this problem please guide me what I have to do now. I am very much upset sir! I hope you will help me in this regards. I am not able to do anything because of the issue. Please kindly mail me at the earliest. Date of presence in court:30/March/2010 at 10AM in Metro Magistrate Court, Kolkata. I don't have money to spend for travelling sir! If I have such amount I would have paid my due.

-Rajan.S
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 04:04 PM

I'm confused. Is your letter addressed to anybody here in the Ask Me Help Desk Law forum? Requesting a mailed response is not how this forum works. If anyone has help for you the will post a reply on this forum.

Or are you sending it to someone else, and just copying it here?

I don't know anything about Indian civil law, but what I would do would be to contact the clerk for the Metro Magistrate Court and find out if there is any way you could attend the hearing by telephone. And in any case, you should send the court a written response to the court setting forth any possible defense you have to the lawsuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received [ 4 Answers ]

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received $97,947 for the bonds. Using the straight-line method, the amount of interest expense for the first semiannual interest period is:

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received [ 1 Answers ]

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received $97,947 for the bonds. Using the straight-line method, the amount of interest expense for the first semiannual interest period is:

Served with summon from credit card company in NC [ 2 Answers ]

I have until 4/25/08 to respond. I have no idea of what to say in a response. Any suggestions? Is bankruptcy the only answer?

Financial statements to review/financial health of a company [ 0 Answers ]

Reviewing the company's balance sheet, which entries should be analysied To determine the financial health of a company?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I received a summons from a company [ 10 Answers ]

That bought 8 of my credit cards and they want their $20,000. I do not deny that I owe that amount, even though the amounts are higher, but asking them to validate and send me receipts is going to make my amount owed higher, because I have to pay for attorney and court costs. So lets say that I...

View more questions Search