Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evelyn1989 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2010, 04:38 AM
    What is the difference between an interested guy and a nice guy?
    Like what is the difference? Esp if he’s the kind of guy who is nice, friendly, helpful and kind to everyone? =/ I've met guys like these types and they always send out very ambiguous signals. So I ain't sure anymore. And if he’s the shy type I get it, but I tend to attract the extroverted, friendly types

like if you catch him looking/glancing at you briefly sometimes. And if he has to meet a friend for lunch but asked you to join him as well, totally surprising both you and his friend. And when he’s with you, he’s more quiet than when you guys were in a group. And sometimes when you guys are in a grp, he laughs at what you say and even teases you at times. When you guys are alone, the conversation tends to drift to your opinions on things, problems with school and he'd ask me about me sometimes (cause I'm of mixed ethinicity)

OK I cld go on, but never mind. What are the differences? =/ thanks!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 05:59 AM

An interested guy will ask you out on a date.. its as simple as that.

If he is interested in pursuing a romantic relationship he will make it happen by asking you on a date.

A nice guy does not mess you around and leave you guessing where it is you stand.
    lucasc130 Posts: 11, Reputation: 7

Mar 19, 2010, 06:08 AM

I have some issues of my own but since being a nice guy myself I think I can give some clue.

You said it yourself you have to notice how he looks at you and how he acts with you when around others. When a girl I like is in a group, I give most of my attention to her, trying to have as much eye contact as possibl. But that's just me heh, I'm a pretty shy guy so It's really really hard for me to hide my feelings for a girl haha.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 06:35 AM

Perhaps he is sussing you out,finding out more about you,being in your company and seeing if he would like to ask you out?

Enjoy spending time together,in my experience,if a guy is attracted to you and the circumstanes are right,he will make a move.

Mar 19, 2010, 06:56 AM

^ thank you (:
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:36 PM

It's not too difficult. An interested guy is interested. If he's interested, he'll let you know by asking you out, or telling you straight up.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 01:03 PM

HAHA! Well, that's odd. I could've sworn that some guys are taken, and aren't interested in a relationship with someone else... that is, if they are a decent man.

I can say that different people like different things. I'm a Christian, surely an atheist isn't interested in a serious relationship with me. Some guys like blondes over brunettes. Some guys like outgoing girls, some like shy girls (opposites tend to attract). If all guys are interested in all girls, I'm curious as to why all the guys I know actually have standards and are waiting for the right one to start a relationship? If they're interested why don't they just jump on every single woman they find? I wonder...

Saying that all guys are interested is obviously a generalization, and generalizations are ALWAYS, unfair.

Mar 19, 2010, 08:34 PM

^ haha where I live, the guys are pretty passive. You isn't going to expect them to be asking u out or tellng u to your face. It just isn't going to happen. And I don't have the patience to wait for him to do so as well. I mostly just move on to someone else.

anyway, what u said is true. Diff guys like diff girls. The world would be a mad place if everyone liked everyone. :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 04:26 AM

Shy or not, look at it this way, if he treats everyone just as nice, how are you going to know that you're special to him?

On the other hand, nice guys tend to be too shy to pursue something more than a friendship. They might be too scared of rejection, so they take more time to gain enough courage to ask you on a date.

Lucky for you, it's the 21st century, so if you're interested, no reason why you can't ask him on a date instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 6 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISHED LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUYS DO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice...

How do I go about getting mr nice guy and how do I keep him? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have never had the best of relationships they never go right no matter how much I want them to it just does not happen my most recent expericances have ended in my heartache and being cheated on a number of times! I just get hurt but I'm young and life goes on I just want a nice guy thts...

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 12 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISH LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUY SO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice Guy -...

You're a Nice Guy BUT. [ 19 Answers ]

My girlfriend just kicked me to the curb after 8 months everything was beautiful then all of a sudden an email of all things... 'she said she has a flaw in her character. She can't let herself love as most people do.' WHAT?? HUH?? If she felt like this why did she not discuss with me?? We had a...

You're a Nice Guy.But [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend just kicked me to the curb after 8 months everything was beautiful then all of a sudden an email of all things... 'she said she has a flaw in her character. She can't let herself love as most people do.' WHAT?? HUH?? If she felt like this why did she not discuss with me?? We had a...

View more questions Search