I blow onto them and they wave back in pleasure

Hoping to find your shadow I hurry before the sun sets

And as the last ray of the sun bids goodbye I see you

You stare at the familiarity of it all while I smile at it

I am and you are and so will be...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 04:39 AM

Sure, why not? Some people think of a poem as ending with some "rhythmic" rhyming words, but that is not a part of the definition of a poem: Poem | Define Poem at Dictionary.com

So based on the Random House Dictionary definition, I'd call it a poem.
    CoupletPoet Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 10:20 PM

Yes. Poetry does not have to rhyme, that's why they have free verse style. It can rhyme or not. Don't know why but, that's the way that cookie has crumbled.
    William1472 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2010, 10:44 PM

Poetry is self-expression, and you expressed yourself beautifully. Yes, it is a lovely POEM!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New poem. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just sitting here, Letting it all go. As I tell myself: "I made it," "I'm alive, I know it," But I'm not though. There's a part of me that's gone, Never to return, Its everything I want, And yet I stay to watch it burn.

Tell me what you think of this poem. [ 3 Answers ]

Why I Fly I Fly above the questionable deranged minds I overlook Dangers,troubles, and failures of all kinds I try, I try and never ever fail But you probably want to evade the question Heart Pumping adrenaline, body fueled using might I fly so high, I'm out of ordinary sight The best of...

What do you think of my poem? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys! Could you tell me what you think about my poem. Feel free to criticize. Do you think I'm poetry material? Can I write good enough to get my poems published? Lol Anyway read my poem "Fantasies Never Last" and tell me what you think and go to my quizilla profile and read my poems and tell...

My new poem [ 2 Answers ]

The above. I'm sorry my dear, But I had to go. I had no choice, But you must know. I couldn't leave, With out telling you, That I love you so.

Who is the author of a poem and what is the complete poem? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember part of a poem but cannot remember the author. The parts I somewhat remember are this: I have often wondered at the epitaph that was written for me, A boat with furled sail at rest in a harbor. In truth it pictures not my destination but my life. For love was offered me but I shrank...

View more questions Search