Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalia9421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 05:10 PM
    He says he needs time to get his life in order what does he mean?
    I have been seeing this guy for 2 months. When we first met he said he was divorced. But it turns out he is in the last stages of divorce. He was married for 25 years. When we met he was sure he wanted a relationship. And someone in his life. Today he said he needs time and space. He said we can still hang out (sometimes) talk on the phone but not intimate at all anymore. He said he is not ready imotionally to commit to a woman now.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 17, 2010, 05:37 PM

Sorry to say, but you were just his rebound. Don't talk to him anymore, unless if you want just be friends. If not, you will just get hurt.
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 17, 2010, 05:42 PM

Even remaining friends with him will be difficult if you have feelings for him. I'd say walk away, this guy doesn't know what he wants so how can you possibly know?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 06:03 PM

He's still on the rebound from his divorce.

Stay away until he recovers. You don't need to be part of his mess.

Let him actually finalize his divorce and recover from the break up before actually considering dating him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 08:01 PM

I wouldn't hang out with him. He has to get his own head together, without your help.

You have done enough "community service" on this one, and he is on his own.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 08:34 PM

Sorry to be harsh but it sounds to me like he tried you as a potential partner and has decided your not the right match for him , this is quite common at the 2-3 month mark.

He's just saying that you can still hang out occasionally so as not to hurt your feelings.

If I were you I'd forget about this one and move on , if it's meant to be later on down the track he knows where to find you , but you probably won't want to know him then anyway.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 08:46 PM

Hello N,

If he says that he's not ready to commit, then he's not ready! He needs time to heal... 25 years is along time.

Give him a chance to heal, then see what happens, that is, if he is ever ready. He may never be ready.

I wish you luck.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 11:31 PM

He shouldn't be dating anyone,he should be healing from his divorce.

I wouldn't keep seeing him at all, find someone to date who doesn't come with this much baggage.
    Lanichu Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2010, 11:33 PM

He just feels lonely and you're the rebounded, as people have stated. He just realized you're not the one for him and he just want 'time', to separate you two.

I suggest to walk away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time before I post my question in order to get an answer? [ 2 Answers ]

I need an answer to my previous question

A good education is needed in order to be successful in life [ 3 Answers ]

A good education is needed in order to be successful in Life

One Time Life Time Gift Taxable? [ 19 Answers ]

I have an account with Dad for around 100K. Can I withdraw the $ without paying additional taxes? I understand the once per year 12K tax free gift to each of my family members but I would like to take a lump sum. My name has always been on this account with him.

View more questions Search