Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m!sz89 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I swear I'm not crazy.
    OK.. I have literally taken dozens of pregnancy tests all of which have come out negative.. I have been having the feeling that I am pregnant for many months now although I "bleed" every month except I skipped an entire month in January. I don't know what to call it- a period or vaginal bleeding. But in about aug or so, I started feeling... flutters? Then the flutters turned into a feeling like my stomach was growling except it happened often- even when I was eating.. now I feel what I consider to be distinguishable movements and light thumps.. I'm no doctor by any means, but this isn't supposed to just be "happening".. the only thing I can think of it is pregnant... I tried to go to a dr once but they took a urine sample even though I told them they all came out negative and after the obvious happened, he sent me on my merry way.. I don't know what to do.. if I am pregnant, I could be due as soon as next month.. how do I get a dr to take me and my symptoms seriously?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 18, 2010, 09:18 AM

If you feel that you could literally be due next month, have you taken another test recently? At this point, a HPT taken correctly will confirm your pregnancy within seconds.

There are a wide range of ideas to explain your symptoms. They could be psychosomatic or even gas pains. I suggest taking another HPT -AND- calling your family physician to arrange for a physical exam.

Mar 19, 2010, 07:22 AM

I don't think its psychosomatic because I started feeling things before the possibility of pregnancy was even an option in my mind.. but thanks.. and what are gas pains.. and would they literally last for months like this?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 19, 2010, 09:49 AM

They could - perhaps due to an allergy or lactose intolerance. There are a wide range of gastrointestinal issues that could cause flutters, pains, etc.

You didn't answer my question: Have you had a recent HPT?

I still think you should see a PCP to inquire. No point in going through these symptoms without a professional one-on-one evaluation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 09:52 AM
    A blood test and an ultrasound will determine whether the OP is indeed pregnant.

Mar 20, 2010, 07:31 AM

Yes I've take an HPT recently.. it also came out negative. My mother said she went through her entire pregnancy with all negative. HPT results that's what worries me.. I guess the only trying left to do is see my doctor
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:10 AM

The only thing to do is get an ultrasound... demand it to be done, especially if your mother went through the same thing.

Mar 20, 2010, 10:20 AM

I have tried that at a clinic but my request was denied because they said something about that being illegal without a pos. pregnancy test.. I don't know but these medical proffessionals are driving me crazy. I'm not getting any answers even if I'm not pregnant I"d like to know is wrong with me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I swear I'm being followed by a spirit or something.. [ 27 Answers ]

Okay, I'm a 13 year old from England. All the weird things started to happen last Saturday, Me and my two friends were staying at our other friends house. Lets call her.. Tammy, well we were staying at Tammys house on our own, No adults at all. XD But then all the weird stuff started to happen....

I swear or and I swear [ 3 Answers ]

I swear Who was the first original artist to write the love song I swear? It may even be called and I swear. I'm not sure of the correct title or artist all I know is that my son is getting married and I loved this song as I was hearing it growing up and I always thought it was so perfect. ...

All about the song I Swear, [ 1 Answers ]

Which artists performed this song and order of when each version was released by year

Last one today from me, I swear :) [ 1 Answers ]

Comments made by NBC commentators during 2004 Summer Olympics 1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." 2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal...

View more questions Search