Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwant2knowmore Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2010, 12:38 PM
    Is gay(boy) sex wrong?
    All I want to know is gay (boy) sex wrong, Im just asking because I don't really think it's wrong, and my because asked me to put this here just to make fun of but I really want to know is it wrong
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 07:16 PM

If you are a minor and under age, any sex gay or straight is wrong and the parties could go to jail, esp if one is over age,

And to my moral and religious values, yes gay sex is wrong
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 17, 2010, 07:30 PM

I see nothing wrong with gay sex, between men OR women. It's as natural as straight sex.

Do I want to see two gay men having sex? no. but I don't really want to see a man and a woman having sex, either.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 05:52 PM

If you are not a legal adult, there's a good chance that sex is wrong yes. I agree with the first answer. Whether it is wrong, really depends on your religious and moral beliefs.
    I think that SOME homosexual behavior is okay, but none of it is "natural."
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 18, 2010, 06:27 PM

Yes it's wrong, adult or not.
    shannonbug Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Mar 18, 2010, 07:18 PM

It is not wrong if you love someone or really care, attracted to, there is nothing wrong with that. You can't help who you like or want to sleep with really
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 07:27 PM

shannonbug:
    Being gay goes far beyond love, attraction, and care for someone. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, meaning, if you claim to be gay, you are letting people know that you prefer to sleep with the same sex, as oppose to the opposite sex. Sexual orientation is the direction of sexual attraction, not just having crushes, or caring for someone of the same sex.

Also, you CAN really help who you want to sleep with. If we couldn't help it, we'd all be running around sleeping with everyone, without any control.

I'm heterosexual, yes. I choose to have sex exclusively with my husband- no one else... and I have the self-control to do that. Also, a homosexual, or bisexual lifestyle is an option for me. I could easily choose to sleep with women instead of men, but I don't. Why not? Well, greatly because the way I was raised discourages it, and also because, well, I don't want to have sex with anyone except for my husband.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 08:02 PM

Some people can, but others cannot. A classmate of mine in high school committed suicide because of the flak he caught being gay. I think if it was a choice for him, he`d choose not to do it and let it get so bad he felt he had to take his own life.
    Experts

Mar 18, 2010, 08:57 PM

Homosexuality is NOT a choice.

No one would CHOOSE to risk losing all their friends and family.

No one would CHOOSE to risk losing their job. (in many states it is still completely legal to fire someone, or refuse to hire them, based solely on their real, or perceived, sexual orientation.)

No one would CHOOSE to be bullied, harassed, tortured, and verbally assaulted.

No one would CHOOSE to be among one of the ONLY groups in the US that has little or NO support and protection under the law. (most states have no laws to protect the LGBT community.)

No one would CHOOSE to possibly lose their children for no other reason than who they love. (some states have the legal right to take children out of LGBT households without real cause.)

No one would CHOOSE to be denied access/membership to organizations, clubs, churches, and facilities. (anti-discrimination laws in most states do not extend to the LGBT community.)

No one would CHOOSE to be arrested just for having sex with their partner. (some areas still have, and enforce, laws prohibiting anal, and sometimes oral, intercourse. It is almost always the LGBT community that is targeted when local authorities do choose to enforce the law.)

No one would CHOOSE to have to edit everything they do and say just to prevent anyone from discovering the truth.

No one would CHOOSE to have their partnership of several years deemed as worthless in the eyes of the law.

No one would CHOOSE to die alone because their partner isn't allowed in the hospital room with them.

No one would CHOOSE to lose their children because their partner died, and they were never legally allowed to adopt them.

The federal government finally passed a law last October to protect the LGBT community from hate crimes under the federal hate crimes laws. The law still requires proof that the victim was singled out because of their real, or perceived, orientation. Proof that doesn't always exist, especially if there are no living witnesses, or the local authorities choose to ignore that aspect of the crime.

Statistics show that LGBT teens may be up to FOUR times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
    Gay and Lesbian Suicide at Suicide.org! Gay and Lesbian Suicide at Suicide.org! Gay and Lesbian Suicide at Suicide.org!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
    Being gay goes far beyond love, attraction, and care for someone. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, meaning, if you claim to be gay, you are letting people know that you prefer to sleep with the same sex, as oppose to the opposite sex.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but heterosexuality is also a sexual orientation, meaning that since you're married to a man and you're a woman, you are letting people know that you prefer to sleep with the opposite sex. See how ridiculous that statement is?

Sexual orientation is the direction of sexual attraction, not just having crushes, or caring for someone of the same sex.
    And your point is?

Also, you CAN really help who you want to sleep with. If we couldn't help it, we'd all be running around sleeping with everyone, without any control.
    So, if you were in an arranged marriage and you hated the man you married, you could still willingly have sex with him? Sure, you could try, but would it be something you really wanted? Would it be against your nature or would you be okay with it because you don't have a choice? See where I'm going with this?

Expecting someone that's gay to just pretend they're not because you don't like it, make them have a relationship with the opposite sex because you think their sexual orientation can be controlled, that's just ridiculous. Would you sleep with a woman if everyone decided that heterosexuality was wrong?

I'm heterosexual, yes. I choose to have sex exclusively with my husband- no one else... and I have the self-control to do that.
    What does that have to do with homosexuality? You chose your husband, your mate, your life partner. I'm assuming that you fell in love and that's why you married him. Am I right? You made vows to him, so I would hope that you could restrain yourself and only have sex with him.

Are you saying that homosexuals sleep around? Well I know many of them would get married (like you did) to the person they love (like you did) if narrow minded people would just allow it. Even without marriage though, they don't need a document to remain faithful. So I ask again, what does your statement have to do with homosexuality?

Also, a homosexual, or bisexual lifestyle is an option for me. I could easily choose to sleep with women instead of men, but I don't.
    It's an option for you? I'm not gay, or bi, so for me it's not an option to have sex with a woman, just like it's not an option for my gay friends to have sex with a member of the opposite sex. You see, that's not their sexual orientation. If you're bi, great, although that does make me question why you're against homosexuality, but most people are either gay or straight, they don't have your options.

Why not? Well, greatly because the way I was raised discourages it, and also because, well, I don't want to have sex with anyone except for my husband.
    I'm confused. So you're bi but because of the way you were raised you've suppressed it? Well, that's a bit sad but, you are married, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway. Being bi doesn't mean sleeping around, just like being homosexual or heterosexual doesn't mean sleeping around. Most people do remain faithful once they find a person to love.

Mar 18, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    shannonbug:
    Being gay goes far beyond love, attraction, and care for someone. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, meaning, if you claim to be gay, you are letting people know that you prefer to sleep with the same sex, as oppose to the opposite sex. Sexual orientation is the direction of sexual attraction, not just having crushes, or caring for someone of the same sex.

I'm heterosexual, yes. I choose to have sex exclusively with my husband- no one else...and I have the self-control to do that. Also, a homosexual, or bisexual lifestyle is an option for me. I could easily choose to sleep with women instead of men, but I don't. Why not? Well, greatly because the way I was raised discourages it, and also because, well, I don't want to have sex with anyone except for my husband.
    I totally agree with you 200% Jaime90. Being gay is a choice. It's a very uneducated statement to say otherwise. First of all, how can anyone be born that way when their anatomy alone is not designed to have physical relations with the same sex. It is totally un-natural. Not only does it go against any religious laws, but against the laws of nature as well.
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdays View Post
    I totally agree with you 200% Jaime90. Being gay is a choice. It's a very uneducated statement to say otherwise. First of all, how can anyone be born that way when their anatomy alone is not designed to have physical relations with the same sex. It is totally un-natural. Not only does it go against any religious laws, but against the laws of nature as well.
    This is a pretty bold statement to make. Do you have proof to back it up, because many studies have been done to show that you're wrong.

Why would anyone choose to be hated because of their sexual orientation? Why is it that it takes so many gay people years to come out because they're afraid. If it really was a choice then why wouldn't they choose to be straight, it's definitely easier because it's more acceptable by society as a whole. Sad but true.

So, if it's a choice, who would choose it?

Are you attracted to the same sex? If not, why not, after all, you can choose, right?

Mar 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    This is a pretty bold statement to make. Do you have proof to back it up, because many studies have been done to show that you're wrong.

Why would anyone choose to be hated because of their sexual orientation? Why is it that it takes so many gay people years to come out because they're afraid. If it really was a choice then why wouldn't they choose to be straight, it's definitely easier because it's more acceptable by society as a whole. Sad but true.

So, if it's a choice, who would choose it?

Are you attracted to the same sex? If not, why not, after all, you can choose, right?
    I don't know if I would call that a bold statement, but it is a correct one. If you are a male, you are not designed by nature to have sex with another male, or female for female. Correct? Seems obvious to me.
    And why would they choose to be hated? I don't know. I don't think anyobne chooses to be hated. That is really irrelevant to the topic.
    Why wouldn't they choose to be straight? Because they chose to be gay.
    If it's a choice, who would choose it? I guess the ones who chose to be gay.
    Am I attracted to the same sex? Obviously not.
    And why not? Because I choose not to be gay. Im not forced to have sex with women, but I prefer to. I couldn't think of having sex with another man, that's just plain gross.
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 10:12 PM

I don't know if I would call that a bold statement, but it is a correct one. If you are a male, you are not designed by nature to have sex with another male, or female for female. Correct? Seems obvious to me.
    You said

Being gay is a choice. It's a very uneducated statement to say otherwise
    Studies have shown that you're supposedly educated statement is far from educated. Being gay is not a choice. Unless you have studies by reputable scientists to say otherwise, this is your belief and has no bearing on reality. I can show you many studies that support what I say, that being gay isn't a choice, you're born that way.

Im not forced to have sex with women, but I prefer to. I couldn't think of having sex with another man, that's just plain gross.
    I prefer to have sex with men, my husband to be exact, but that doesn't mean anything. I love him, I'm attracted to him, that's why I married him.

What you're saying is that people can choose who they are attracted to. Can you? If I send a woman to you that is completely the opposite of what you're attracted to, someone that you think is "gross" would you sleep with her? If not, why?

Also, saying that sex between two men is gross, well, that's your opinion. No one asked you to watch, so I don't see the problem.

Mar 18, 2010, 10:18 PM

I think your really missing the point there altenweg. If a man, who is designed by nature to have sex with women, decides to have sex with men, who he is not naturally designed to have sex with , then that's a choice. He was not born that way. How can he be if he wasn't even designed to do so.
    Im sorry, but what you say just doesn't make any sense at all.
    Experts

Mar 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
    No, I am very uneducated? I graduated high school near the top of my class. I've attended 4 years of classes at a private college. I've done extensive research into homosexuality, both for scholastic and independent reasons. I have talked to dozens of members of the LGBT community. Oh yeah, and I've been a member of the LGBT community for several years now.

So, I'm uneducated? Research, interviews, conversations, and personal experience don't count as knowledge or an education? Since when? If that's the case, then how exactly DO you gain knowledge on subject?

Where does YOUR knowledge on the subject come from? I assume, since you claim that the rest of us are uneducated, that you must have a fairly extensive education on the matter? Have you read scientific studies? Impartial surveys? Talked to anyone in the LGBT community? If not, then how can you claim to have any real knowledge on the subject?

As for it being against the laws of nature; did you know that there are MANY species of animals that exhibit homosexual behavior in nature?

If you don't believe me, then have a look. Take particular notice of THIS quote:
    "No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphids. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue."
    —Petter Bøckman

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And why would they choose to be hated? I don't know. I don't think anyobne chooses to be hated. That is really irrelevant to the topic.
    No, it is NOT irrelevant.

The LGBT community is among the most hated world-wide. They are the victims of harassment, abuse, bullying, shunning, teasing, exile, violence, and even murder. None of which ANYONE would willing choose to be the victims of.
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 10:27 PM
    I think your really missing the point there altenweg. If a man, who is designed by nature to have sex with women, decides to have sex with men, who he is not naturally designed to have sex with , then that's a choice. He was not born that way. How can he be if he wasn't even designed to do so.
    Im sorry, but what you say just doesn't make any sense at all.
    So you're talking about plumbing? That's why you think it's a choice, because of body parts? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Have you ever had a girl go down on you? If so, guess what, your penis wasn't designed to go in there. In fact, it's against the very laws of nature and religion because sex was meant for procreation. We all know you can't get pregnant that way. ;)

I'm going with science on this one, and science has proven that being gay is not a choice. Until you can provide proof to back up your claims, I'm sticking with people that know what they're talking about. :)
    Experts

Mar 18, 2010, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    So you're talking about plumbing? That's why you think it's a choice, because of body parts? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Have you ever had a girl go down on you? If so, guess what, your penis wasn't designed to go in there. In fact, it's against the very laws of nature and religion because sex was meant for procreation. We all know you can't get pregnant that way. ;)

I'm going with science on this one, and science has proven that being gay is not a choice. Until you can provide proof to back up your claims, I'm sticking with people that know what they're talking about. :)
    Don't forget the fact that humans are the only species that participate in oral and anal sex. Humans, dolphins, and some chimps are the only species where the females are capable of orgasm.

So, by your reasoning, anal sex, oral sex, and the female orgasm are all against the laws of nature.
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 10:43 PM

This is why I'm against organized religion. They claim to love everyone, to do God's work, but clearly they hate.

I'm raising my kids to accept everyone for who they are, not their race, their sex, their sexual orientation, their religion or lack thereof. Hopefully the next generation will learn to love their fellow man.

I'm tired of people thinking that it's okay to hate because it's their religious belief. That makes no sense!

I choose acceptance. In that light, Dardays, I accept your right to be homophobic. I don't agree with it, I think the world would be better without beliefs like yours, but sadly, you do have the right to your misguided opinion.

I guess it's up to the none religious people to bring true peace to the world.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 04:30 AM

This whole argument reminds me of two pigeons my mother has in her flypen. They are both obviously male, and they are a pair. They (attempt) to mate, will sit on eggs and raise them if you give them some, and otherwise act like a regular couple. Except they are both boys..

I guess pigeons can choose too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I like a gay boy [ 4 Answers ]

Omg, I can't believe this happened. I like a gay boy. I'm 14 and he's like 16, I really like him, but he's gay. He used to be bi I guess, then he was just all the way gay. I like him a lot, but, he likes boys. Its upsetting really. What to do? -Kaleigh

Gay Boy in boy scouts [ 25 Answers ]

Im going to be an eagle scout in soon. Ive been in the scouting program for 10 years, nearly 11 years. My problem is, I'm gay. And I intend not to come out until I am an eagle scout. Is it possible for the boy scouts to take my eagle scout recognition? As I'm sure you know, boy scouts does not...

Is my boy friend gay. Cheating to not want to have sex anymore? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years at the end of this month we've only just started having sex 5 months ago and we've done it a lot when we first started but now its been over a month and we haven't had sex I try to start it and he pushes away and says he's to tired that's the only...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

View more questions Search