Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bucksgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 11:14 AM
    Why does my monitor show fine vertical lines in the pictures and graphics?
    My monitor has recently started showing vertical lines in the graphics and pictures. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the typewritten words until the font is large or bold. I have tried adjusting the resolution setting but it hasn't helped. The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 170MP Thanks for any info
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 04:26 PM

Do you have access to another monitor to see if same thing would happen on another monitor.

Or try to put this monitor on another computer to see if issue still exists.

And/or do both of above

With trying these ideas, it can help narrow down or pinpoint issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have vertical lines on my theatre projector along with the signal source,bad card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have vertical lines showing up over the signal source from my home theater projector. I changed the lamp module but no luck. Gone through all adjustments, Bad card maybe? The unit is a Toshiba TDP-MT800

Wide screen monitor distorts pictures, why? [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a 24 inch wide screen monitor. I find text okay, but my pictures are elongated. The widening effect is not right. Pictures of people I know, or my cat, which were shown NORMAL in my previous monitor are now distorted so they look short and fat. Surely this is not meant to be. No...

Monitor/Graphics card [ 1 Answers ]

If the monitor is plugged in then it works fine (I get the self diagnostics window), although when it is plugged into PC it fails to leave standby mode. Is this just a dead graphics card? PC boots up but obviously I can't see anything to diagnose the problem. Thanks in advance

Thin vertical line/lines across TV esp. At startup [ 1 Answers ]

My 9-10 year old Sanyo 27" (I'm sure you're all laughing now) TV has thin vertical Line/lines going across the TV, especially at start up. As of now I fix it by smacking the side of the TV moderately hard with a rubber mallet. I'm surprised I haven't broken the plastic cabinet yet! The picture...

View more questions Search