Ask
    ckuhn55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 11:32 PM
    Can lover sue married man
    Can a lover sue a married man, if he deciles to remain with his wife
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 03:53 AM

Just merely for that reason, not in the US.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 05:09 AM

Not in this country
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 08:08 AM

No, because you had no business being with him. The question should be, what should his wife do about the lover... and the lying cheating husband.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Just curious, what would you be thinking of suing him for?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 05:57 AM

Deciles? Did you mean decides or declines?

You can sue for just about anything--I think we all heard the story of the woman suing McDonald's because she was unaware that hot coffee was, in fact, served hot--whether you'd win the case is another story.

A kid I met told me about a guy in GA who had suspicions of his wife cheating. Instead of confronting her, he hired a PI and built a case. After the divorce, he sued both her and her boyfriend in civil court and bought a boat with the damages.

But, just ask a lawyer.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ckuhn55 View Post
    can a lover sue a married man, if he deciles to remain with his wife
    As has already repeatedly been asked, what do you plan on suing him for?

The only thing I see you potentially being able to sue him for would be if he made some form of verbal financial agreement with you, assuming that he would be leaving his wife(i.e. you purchased multiple items for him or jointly with him under the assumption that he would be solely or partially responsible for the debt that was incurred).

If you think you can sue him because he decided he didn't want to be with you, then no, you cannot sue him.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 06:57 AM

What would your damages be if you sued the husband for not leaving his wife? To win a lawsuit you must prove damages. Just because he doesn't leave her for you is not damages.

If what you say is true, then all the married men who don't leave their wives and their girlfriends get miffed and sue them - the courts would do nothing but hear miffed girlfriends cases against married men all day for months, if not years.

Won't happen. The case would be dismissed.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 07:40 AM

Did you have a child with the man? If so then he would owe child support. But as far as just him staying with his wife no you have no case, at least in the U.S. Now in some states I've heard of her having a case against you and her husband so depending on where you guys live the ball could be in her court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

Man is A lover [ 5 Answers ]

Hi can someone help me with this.. our teacher let us explain " man is a lover" can you help me please.. please

Pregnant for married lover [ 15 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and 7 weeks pregnant by my married boyfriend of 2 years. When he found out he completely freaked and told me to get rid of the baby. He also said that I am selfish and only think about myself and I would have to be mad to want to keep this child. He told me that if his wife...

Can I sue my husband's lover? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it legal in some or most states to sue the person that the spouse is having an extra marital affair with providing you have proof? Has any one done this before? What do you think? What would be considered to grounds or basis on which one would pursue this matter?

View more questions Search