Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Moments in Bipolar disorder
    I have this friend who KNEW something was wrong with her, she has now waited for so many months that the cancer has 'metastasized' (this was the word given to me today) and she is not doing well at all.

I also have this other friend suffering from something that she has little control over, and I feel extremely powerless over both of these people.I want nothing more than to aid them in their time of struggle,but from behind a computer screen, IDK, I am in a state of flux(bipolar times)

One is an online friend,the other is right here, where you think I could help, but I am not on the 'list' of supporters,, in fact,my S/O was of the mind that I was being an A**hole about this situation here, cold and uncaring.. ME:eek:

Somewhere down this line,communication has been a problem.

I am now in a deep low.I have already been fluctuating for the last few weeks, slow changes from this med to a new one there, etc, typical treatments.Now I have these new pressures,2 of my friends are ailing, another just got over their surgery, my life feels like it's going down the drain,, I am losing control, again.

I do have an appointment in the AM with my psychiatrist.I expect some increase in my depakote for these extreme mood swings.I also think there might be an increase of Prestiq and possibly Zoloft as well, but I am not a doctor.

My stress levels were over the top recently,he prescribed Atavan for a few weeks, then made it a little more regular, like daily, sometimes I sleep things off, but upon awaking, it's all back.

This isn't unusual for me,different times of the year maybe,but not too far from normal.

I guess I needed to put a shout out and see who can offer what... :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 05:56 PM

Me, tick, at a loss for words for someone who I respect. KBC my heart goes out to you in this troubling time. I don't know what to say about the meds, depression meds are not my expertise... zoloft I don't have any faith in.

I can't offer anything but my thoughtful support, I hope it is enough, but I doubt it, maybe a lot of us with thoughtful support will make a difference, prayers, perhaps :D ( really despise those smiley faces at times).

Hugs a lot

Tick
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    me, tick, at a loss for words for someone who I respect. KBC my heart goes out to you in this troubling time. I dont know what to say about the meds, depression meds are not my expertise....zoloft I dont have any faith in.

I can't offer anything but my thoughtful support, I hope it is enough, but I doubt it, maybe a lot of us with thoughtful support will make a difference, prayers, perhaps :D ( really despise those smiley faces at times).

hugs a lot

tick
    Thanks for responding tickle, anything helps right now, this is heavy on me.

Seeing little things like you writing me back does take the edge off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have bipolar disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Im in my early teens. In August something dreadful happened between me and my father. So dreadful that I wanted to commit suicide and I thought my world had ended. I never used to be sad, I was the happiest person on earth. People used to call me the smiley one and I honestly felt like no one...

Bipolar Disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, Basically for awhile now I've been experiencing symptoms like bipolar disorder. To give you a bit ofa back story, I got out of an extremely messy relationship and turned to drugs for a long time, I've finally cleaned up and I'm finding myself have excessive ups and downs. Some times I'll...

Bipolar Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Question about bipolar disorder, please answer if you have this or another illness, I'm curious? What is your question?

What exactly is bipolar disorder? [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, about 3 weeks ago, I got a minor freakout, was alone in my room and I just started feeling angry and resenting but I had no reason for that, was pretty happy until I just took a can of coke I'd just finished drinking and bashed it on the wall along with a pringles box, I'm only 13 and since...

Bipolar disorder [ 3 Answers ]

I starting living with my boyfriend about 4 months ago and his entire personality changed. He never used to get angry over stupid stuff, but now the slightest stuff will set him off and I feel like I am tip toeing around him out of fear that he will get mad, he gets angry over accidents, if I hug...

View more questions Search