Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    menjer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Wall switch not working ceiling fan with remote
    Thanks for quick response but the light and fan work perfectly with remote control but now the wall dimmer switch will not turn on the light.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 12:03 AM

You CANNOT use a wall dimmer AND a remote. You will damage something. Remove the wall dimmer before you start a fire.

Ceiling fan remote controls, remote kits, speed controls, dimmer switches and more - at Ceiling Fans 'N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote Control Ceiling Fan wiring for a double wall switch [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a Hunter remote control ceiling fan. I've replaced fixtures before in my home, so I thought this would be a no brainer. Well the remote thing has me stumped. House is pre-wired with a double wall switch, one with a dial control for the fan, the other switch is for a wall outlet...

Ceiling fan does not work with remote or wall switch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Miramar 60" fan that is wired to a wall switch and has worked for five years. Now it not only won't work with the remote but when the wall switch is turned on, the lights strobe. We have checked the remote to make sure it is programmed the same as the fan, and of course,...

Converting remote control ceiling fan to 3-speed wall switch [ 1 Answers ]

Customer has ceiling fan which is only remote control. We want to wire a wall 3-speed wall switch instead of the remote. The fan unit only has intrernal wiring for the remote use. It has 4 wires going to the motor for speed control. How do I connect these wires to a single incoming hot wire...

Installing wall remote for ceiling fan into wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've had no luck with getting the wall remote on my Hampton Bay ceiling fan to work. I was able to get the fan to work with the wall switch, but once I change out the switch with the wall remote it doesn't work. The l.e.d. on the wall remote is not even lighting. There are 6 switches on the...

Remote for Hamton Bay Ceiling Fan not working - no wall or chain switch [ 4 Answers ]

I have changed the batteries in the remote, checked to make sure the toggle switches are in the same position in the remote and on the fan, checked the electrical switches and still neither the fan nor the light will come on. Any suggestions on what to do next before just replacing the remote?

View more questions Search