Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    username2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
    If mother refuses to watch teen son whilst father is deployed, can you sue?
    Mother refuses to watch son after verbal agreement with ex husband. She claims it is not her responsibility. Can we sue for abandonment, and other fees if I have to place my son in a boot camp?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 12:57 PM

Why does your son's behavior warrant a "Boot Camp" environment?

How old is the child?

Was the agreement between the mother and the ex-husband in writing?

What is your relationship to this circus?

Has the ex-husband petitioned for for a release from the deployment because of hardship reasons?

Why is the child's mom refusing to care for her own child?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 06:45 PM

That is the issue, "verbal" has no legal bearing, what is the written child custody agreement ?

If mother only has visit rights, not joint custody or this is not her time, she can not be forced to take the child.

Arrnagements had to be made though the court to be binding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can non custodial father watch child while mother is in school? [ 1 Answers ]

Does a non custodial father have the right to take care of his child because the custodial mother decided to go attend college? Custodial mom does not have a good relationship with non custodial father. Custodial mom wants her elderly grandparents to take care of a 20 month old child. Is there...

Mother put 10 yr.old autistic son in mental hospital without knowledge of Father [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My son and his ex wife agreed upon the custody isssues of their two children themselves. No lawyers, no court, no papers. Verbal between the two of them. It was decided the daughter which is the oldest would live with her Father (my son) and that the son who is autistic would reside...

Single Mother,Father signed birth certificate,hasn't seen his son,want full custody [ 8 Answers ]

When I gave birth to my son I was 17 and the father was 18 we were young and I was still in high school. The father basically is a low-life never graduated does drugs no job been to jail before and has 2 other kids. Im currently in college broke and my parents are helping me out till I get placed...

My son is now dead, the mother refuses to let me see my grandson, what are my rights? [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his live in girlfriend had a son (out of wedlock). The two of them had separated and my son (by his own will) went down and started the child support and was trying to get paternity established. Before paternity could be established, my son committed suicide. I started sending the mother...

Can my mother sue my father for 18 years of child support? [ 12 Answers ]

I had just found my father after 19 years . When I was born my mother asked him if he wanted to hold her son and he said I wasn't his but held me anyway. Then my mother moved from Texas (where I was born) to Illinois, where I lived my entire life not knowing who he was. My mother lookied for him...

View more questions Search