Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andrea75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 11:27 AM
    My 12 year old son is giving me problems in school.
    My 12 year old son is giving me problems in school. I have taken away some his privileges and he still is giving his teachers a hard time at school. He does not want to do his homework and is lazy about doing anything around the house. His whole attitude changed when his dad was back in the picture and now that his dad is no longer in the picture he has been giving me more problems, I just don’t know what else to do with him.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 11:36 AM

You mentioned things changing with his dad in and out of the picture. I suspect that's the root of the problem. Being 12 is hard enough all by itself. Having a parent in and out doesn't help anything. Have you and your son talked about his father? If he can come to terms with that issue, the other problems may resolve themselves.can I ask why his father is no longer there?
    Andrea75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    you mentioned things changing with his dad in and out of the picture. i suspect thats the root of the problem. being 12 is hard enough all by itself. having a parent in and out doesn't help anything. have you and your son talked about his father? if he can come to terms with that issue, the other problems may resolve themselves.can i ask why his father is no longer there?
    My son and I have had talk about his father. I tried to tell him that he needs to learn to let go and move on, that if his father wanted to be in the picture he would have been in the picture since day one. The father was never in the picture until one time that we ran into each other and he seen my son, he was very determined to be around my son. I of course introduce him to my son as an old friend, never as his father. Since my son did not know who he really was. My son was only in kindergarten when my son first learned about his father. Since the father was trying to lower his child support he took me to court for joint custody of my son, (The father has always been on child support (but has never paid). The judge granted him joint custody of my son, my son had to go with him every 1st weekend and 3rd weekend of the month. Of course my son did not like going with him, because my son did not know this man. This only lasted for 6 months, my son was almost getting accustom to him, but still did not like going with his father. Besides that my son had over heard him saying to his grandmother that his father does not love him and he really did not wanted my son around. That he has his family and was happy with the family he has. That has scared my son to where he has changed on the whole thing about school, he is no longer interested in school like before.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 09:31 PM

WHAT A CREEP ! How could anyone say that about his child? It makes me sick! Poor little kid!His father doesn't deserve his love or anything else. Maybe you need to take him to a counselor.

I just think it's horrible when a father does that to a child! Blessings
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 10:52 PM

I think it's horrible when children are hurt emotionally by a parent. Thank God for his mom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to discipline 18 year old son/high school senior [ 10 Answers ]

Our son has recently turned 18 and started his senior year. All has been going pretty well. He stays busy with school and working 30 hours per week. On his days off he spends time with his friends which I understand. We don't especially like him spending a lot of time at his 20 year old cousins...

18 Year Old Son a Senior High school [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old son whom is in his senior year. I have raised him alone since 1997 along with his sisters. We are at a stage in his life where he is keeping secrets from me about who his friends are, getting high. He is in counceling and on medication for depression. We were close and I new...

My 12 year old son steals at school and home and lies [ 10 Answers ]

My son is a constant liar and now he's become a thief even more so. He steals at school gets caught he steals at home and gets caught he gets punished for his actions but nothing seems to work, he sees a therapist on a weekly basis and that don't seem to work, he's very manipulative and knows how...

Sister-In-Law giving up 3 year old son [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law is giving up her 3 year old son for adoption. My husband and I are trying to help in doing this since we know it would be in the best interest of the child. (She is young and struggling). The father is willing to give up his rights since he really has nothing to do with his son....

6 year old son and school [ 7 Answers ]

As a mother of only one child, how do I respond and should I deal with my son and with teacher as the teacher told me that my son does not respect the teacher because he plays and make funny things in his face and mouth while she explain? Also, the teacher told me that my only son has stolen...

View more questions Search