Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathipp1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 07:38 AM
    1960s animated cartoon animals
    I saw an animated full length movie in about 1962. It seemed to have an Asian, possibly Japanese look to it with what (I think) was a bear named Ali. Not a comedy, more of a lesson based theme. The bear needed to learn humility and love for others over self and is put in prison until he learns this. There was also a female bear love interest. Had a cute song I can still remember with the refrain "Ali the Great" several times. Does anyone know this movie and where it can be found?
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 07:52 AM

Just a guess here but
    Do you think they could've been monkeys?

Maybe

Alakazam the Great

-more info-

-view-

Inspired by the Monkey King legend
    Journey to the West

The story and symbolism of the arrogant little monkey
    Appears again and again in many anime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated children's movie-animals and a painter [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie in the 1990s, not entirely sure if it was made in the 1990s though. All I can remember is it had a human painter, talking animals, and a scene with dancing, singing mushrooms. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Older animated movie on animals where hedgehogs get run over [ 3 Answers ]

So there's this older movie, made somewhere between 70's and early 90's where animals I believe are relocating, it was a group of different kinds of animals, and they come to a road and it was I think hedgehogs, but they got scared when a car came and laid in the road and both of them got run over....

Kids cartoon in which the characters were animals [ 1 Answers ]

The characters were like a skunk, weasel, and I can't remember the others. They wore t-shirts and it seems like there may have been a mole whose name was Driller. All their names were like that. One word nouns. Any suggestions!

Animated movies with animals from the 70's / 80's? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a list of them. More specifically, I remember a movie I really liked... it had something like two hedgehogs, foxes, a snake, a mole, too, maybe... and they had to leave their forest due to development... and I can't remember the name at all. But if I remember correctly, they were...

80's or 90s animated film with animals [ 2 Answers ]

I actually remember a lot about this movie and have been trying to figure out its title for over a year now. I even told a boy that I would marry him if he found out. Luckyly he didn't because marrying him would have been bad Any way on to the movie It is an 80s or 90s animated film staring...

View more questions Search