Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3048456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 04:20 AM
    How to forget about your parents death
    How can I forget about the death of my parents it have been five years since they passed away but I still don't get along with it and it working me physically.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 04:41 AM

Have you ever tried counseling? Honestly a parents death, why would you want to forget about it. I do not think anybody can really forget a loved one. Excepting that they have passed is different. Healing for yourself is needed and sometimes the best thing for healing is to talk to someone about your feelings. It is impossible to forget, but possible to except and maybe learn how to cope better and start living your life in a new way without so much hurt.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Sorry for your loss.

First of all there is no time limit for grief and there is no such thing as closure. I hate that word.

Second, your grief is natural and there is nothing wrong with you.

Third, When we lose a parent or both the feeling of loss is so overwheming you think you will not be able to bear it.

I lost my dad in 2002 and there are days it hits me so hard I cry.

Closure is just an overused word. We learn to live with the loss and as time passes I promise you it will get easier.

Remembering the wonderful times and savouring the memories will do wonders.

Don't be ashamed to cry. Tears are cleansing and tears are a language God understands.

I hope I have said something which will comfort you. It will get better, I promise you. God Bless you! :):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Trying to get over a parents death [ 6 Answers ]

My mom died when I was 6 years old, and now I'm left with my dad and my 2 sisters. Anyway her death anniversary is coming up tomorrow and I can stop thinking of her, and I keep breaking down and crying it hasn't been like this before in the past years. Now that I'm 16, I guess I think how life...

Parents death and Equity Line of Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have quite an interesting situation regarding our home and a Equity Line of Credit against the house. In August 2004 my mother died, and in March 2006 my father passed away. We took care of all of the credit cards and such, however we have been afraid to tell the bank about their...

Death of Parents of Minor Children [ 5 Answers ]

If something happens to both parents of minor children in Tennessee and they have no will, who will get custody of those children? Will they be placed in foster care. They have maternal and paternal grandparents and this is not likely to happen but what if it does? Should we advise these parents...

View more questions Search