Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azskye Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 02:50 PM
    "US Person" and Taxes
    I have the tax status of a "US person" because I am citizen of the United States, and have supplied my employer with a statement affirming this, and another voiding my previous W-4. They do not understand that all "US Persons" are exempt from all federal taxes, and are continuing to withhold employment and federal income taxes.

1. What can I do to stop the illegal withholding?
    2. What number, if any, should I use if I owe state taxes? I am not an employer.
    3. Can I still use my Social Security number, even though I do not actively participate in the program?

Thanks.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 10:40 PM

A U.S. person must give W-4 to the employer else employer must withhold maximum taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a person be "emotionally unfaithful"? [ 3 Answers ]

When anyone mentions "infidelity" I believe that most of us think of "sexually unfaithful". Can a person be "emotionally unfaithful"? How would you define it? Has any one ever heard of "emotional infidelity"? Is there such a thing, or did I just come up with a new term? When it is said that a...

If a Person Has Been Blind Since Birth, Do They "See" Things in Their Minds? [ 22 Answers ]

If so, what might they see in their minds? Thanks!

Addition to "paying back a person" [ 1 Answers ]

Under a filed chapter 7 bankruptcy?

View more questions Search