Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 08:58 PM
    What Sort of Things Do You Like to Put Into Deviled Eggs?
    Hi, All!

Okay. I'm somewhat of a simpleton when it comes to cooking. I like to try to make a number of different things. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not.

Am getting into the egg realm here. Omelets are no problem My kids rave about my omelets.

Deviled eggs...

Hmmm...

Somewhat of a mystery to me.

Sure, I can boil them, take out the yolks, etc. I also like to add the paprika to them.

What are some other possibilities, please?

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:04 PM

My grandpa used to make yummy deviled eggs. A friend of his once tried to copy his recipe. She didn't realize that he'd put paprika on them and accidentally chili powder on instead. You could give them a kick with that. I like them best though with just mayo and mustard mixed in with the paprika sprinkled over.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    my grandpa used to make yummy deviled eggs. a friend of his once tried to copy his recipe. she didn't realize that he'd put paprika on them and accidentally chili powder on instead. you could give them a kick with that. i like them best though with just mayo and mustard mixed in with the paprika sprinkled over.
    I've been boiling them as we have been writing, justcurious55!

I was just thinking about putting only the paprika on them! I guess that wouldn't be the optimum thing to do as far as taste!

Okay, mayo, mustard, paprika...

Anything else? Any other ideas from folks?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:29 PM

Deviled Eggs Recipe | Simply Recipes

These folks have some yummy sounding ideas
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:50 PM
    I've checked out that site, justcurious55.

Everything looks absolutely delicious!

Thanks!
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:56 PM

Me and my mum just do this-

After halving the boiled eggs, mix (by hand) Miracle Whip into the egg yolks, to taste. Then sprinkle with paprika
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:34 PM
    I just ate four halves of the deviled eggs using the mayo, mustard and paprika. I have no idea as to whether the proportions of the ingredients were correct or the best.

They were okay and tasty. But, it seems like something was missing...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:01 PM

More mustard? Or different mustard?
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:05 PM
    Perhaps that was what I might have used a little more of, justcurious55! But, you know, using mustard is kind of tricky. I tend to be afraid of using too much of it.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:27 PM

I used to be too. But I don't cook as much lately and have been enjoying other people's cooking more. My cousin and my co workers like lots of mustard on everything. They've rubbed off on me :)
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:50 PM
    my grandpa used to make yummy deviled eggs. a friend of his once tried to copy his recipe. she didn't realize that he'd put paprika on them and accidentally chili powder on instead. you could give them a kick with that. i like them best though with just mayo and mustard mixed in with the paprika sprinkled over.
    That is funny, justcurious55! Oops! :p
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:54 PM
    i used to be too. but i don't cook as much lately and have been enjoying other people's cooking more. my cousin and my co workers like lots of mustard on everything. they've rubbed off on me :)
    I'll try more mustard the next time. The mustard that I used was one that my daughter had gotten me for Christmas. Seemed to be rather pungent smelling, so I was afraid to use too much of it.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 07:40 AM

Try using a little dry mustard also, it has a different flavor. I also use finely diced green onions, salt and pepper.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Try using a little dry mustard also, it has a different flavor. I also use finely diced green onions, salt and pepper.
    I will try those!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Experiment Time Here Tonight!
    Am frying fresh, small pieces of celery, minced garlic, small pieces of mushrooms, and white onions.

Eggs are boiling as we write...

Let you know in a bit how it turns out!

Okay to add creamed cheese? Don't know...
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 09:37 PM
    Oops! I will be adding the mustard and paprika! Forgot about those things!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Oops, again! Just tried to peel on of the eggs and it was still runny!

More boiling time in order here!

Made a mess, and where I'm house and dog sitting, they like to have everything perfect! (At least to a reasonable extent. They do put up though and trust me with their "stuff" anyway!)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 09:54 PM

Sounds great! I would add the cream cheese a little at a time to see how it tastes and then you really need to let us know how it turns out:)

Everything sounds good

Edit: don't forget a little salt and maybe a dash of sugar
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 10:17 PM
    Salt and sugar? Not sure about those. Will try them on a couple of the halves of eggs though. Looking for ideas here. Really getting into the egg thing!

I'll let you know how things turn out in a bit.

How long do I need to let them boil, please? It's on high, but not my stove.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 25, 2010, 10:54 PM

So dislike deviled eggs... uggggh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Go back to Dad to sort things out? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm the eldest of four daughters. My dad was an emotionally unstable man when he and I were younger. He was very anxious, I think, and only knew how to deal with it through raging anger, that would burst out unexpectedly at any slight "trigger". I know he always felt very bad about it...

Sort things out [ 2 Answers ]

I care for someone was going good for awhile then she's said has to sort out things. She has been married 2 times the last guy also cheat on her when they where together for 3 years and gave her a std.all 3 cheated on her I have said I will wait for her.

I think its time to put things behind us [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I need some suggestions. I broke up with my ex about a year a few months ago. I'm not going to get into detail as to why we broke up but what I will say is that I have grown up a lot since and looking back, I can't believe I behaved and said the things I did. Bottom line is I have come a...

Put things totally in my past tonight! [ 10 Answers ]

I got yet ANOTHER random call from my ex tonight, and I actually picked up. Before you get all mad at me, hear me out. She asked me how I was, and we just chatted for a bit. I finally asked her "what do you want?" and she said "Im pregnant". I paused for a minute, I guess waiting to see how bad...

Internet clients knowing where to put things [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to setup when a user downloads something the internet client looks at the extension and opens the right folder it is I want it to go in? After I setup the settings of what I need to use or change.

View more questions Search