Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 11:14 PM

I let them boil for at least about 12 minutes. So, what's your favorite way been so far clough? Now you've got me hooked on deviled eggs again! Except for I've been getting lazy with them and just sprinkling a touch of sea salt over the half, spreading a little garlic aoili mustard on, and some paprika-not even mixing it all in together.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i let them boil for at least about 12 minutes. so, what's your favorite way been so far clough? now you've got me hooked on deviled eggs again! except for i've been getting lazy with them and just sprinkling a touch of sea salt over the half, spreading a little garlic aoili mustard on, and some paprika-not even mixing it all in together.
    It took longer than 12 minutes on the present stove where I'm house and dog sitting. Got the job done, though. I will try your ingredients. Looking forward to other ideas here too!

Thanks!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:25 AM

How did they turn out?

Sugar/salt combo

Have you ever tried sweet cantelope and salty bacon? They both bring out the flavors in each other and are great!:D
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 07:25 PM
    No, I haven't tried sweet cantelope and salty bacon in them. I would be willing to try them, though.

I guess they turned out okay. Ate one of the sides of egg that I had filled. Seems like maybe I should have re-heated them, though to make them even more tasty.

Still looking for ideas here...
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    No, I haven't tried sweet cantelope and salty bacon in them. I would be willing to try them, though.

I guess they turned out okay. Ate one of the sides of egg that I had filled. Seems like maybe I should have re-heated them, though to make them even more tasty.

Still looking for ideas here...
    The cantelope and bacon are just to eat, not for the eggs. I was just giving an example of the sugar/salt taste:)

I believe that deviled eggs are much better cold, maybe the next day after the flovors had time to meld.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:39 PM
    I may have overdone it with them though. Maybe too much frying of the ingredients?
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 26, 2010, 08:40 PM

Relish
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdays View Post
    relish
    Haven't tried that yet. What sort of relish, please?
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 26, 2010, 10:25 PM

Just your regular hamburger relish. Mix some up in the yoke mix, not a lot. I thought it was pretty good.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Heated a couple of the halves up in the microave oven. Seemed to help...
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Originally posted by Just Dahlia

Sweet pickle relish
    I'm going to try that too!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Well, I just made a bunch more deviled eggs! They turned out much better that the last batch!

Lightly fried most of the ingredients instead of over-frying them. - Celery, minced garlic, red onion, fresh mushrooms.

Added Miracle Whip, mustard to the mix later and sprinkled the paprika on top of them after filling the eggs with the mix.

I even used sweet relish in the mix! Tasted pretty good with that!
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 11:15 PM
    Am still going to do some experimenting here. Anymore ides as to things to add to the deviled eggs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Go back to Dad to sort things out? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm the eldest of four daughters. My dad was an emotionally unstable man when he and I were younger. He was very anxious, I think, and only knew how to deal with it through raging anger, that would burst out unexpectedly at any slight "trigger". I know he always felt very bad about it...

Sort things out [ 2 Answers ]

I care for someone was going good for awhile then she's said has to sort out things. She has been married 2 times the last guy also cheat on her when they where together for 3 years and gave her a std.all 3 cheated on her I have said I will wait for her.

I think its time to put things behind us [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I need some suggestions. I broke up with my ex about a year a few months ago. I'm not going to get into detail as to why we broke up but what I will say is that I have grown up a lot since and looking back, I can't believe I behaved and said the things I did. Bottom line is I have come a...

Put things totally in my past tonight! [ 10 Answers ]

I got yet ANOTHER random call from my ex tonight, and I actually picked up. Before you get all mad at me, hear me out. She asked me how I was, and we just chatted for a bit. I finally asked her "what do you want?" and she said "Im pregnant". I paused for a minute, I guess waiting to see how bad...

Internet clients knowing where to put things [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to setup when a user downloads something the internet client looks at the extension and opens the right folder it is I want it to go in? After I setup the settings of what I need to use or change.

View more questions Search