1/2 teas garlic powder
    1/4 c prepared salsa

mix all together yummy:)
    I just love the variety here!

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 10:09 PM
    I sure hope that we're not finished here!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 01:03 AM

You could do a yogurt dip. One of my iranian friends turned me on to it. I guess yogurt is common in middle eastern cuisine and she says it's pretty much in every meal. We dip veggies and chips in it, put it in rice, everything when we get together. If we're at home, we just use plain yogurt, no added flavors or anything. We went to this really great restaurant once and they had this great thick, creamy yogurt and it had shallots and I think maybe garlic too minced in in. we ate it with raw chopped onions and raddishes (I think that's what they're called. Those little pink skinned things that are white inside and crunchy.) you could experiment with different yogurt styles. I don't like the runnier yogurts as much as the thicker Mediterranean style yogurts. My favorite mediterranean cheese style yogurt was recently discontinued from the store I was buying it from. It was amazing. Super thick and great on anything. Now I've got to find some place else to buy it.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 06:42 PM

I have heard that you can sub yogurt for sour cream in most dips and dressings. I just never buy yogurt:)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 12:32 AM

I use yogurt for a lot of things. I like it by itself, with fruit, on granola cereals, in baking (it's really good in banana bread). Ran out of cream cheese the other morning so I put some good thick plain greek yogurt on my bagel instead. Ran out of milk too and used vanilla greek yogurt in my flake cereal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    you could do a yogurt dip. one of my iranian friends turned me on to it. i guess yogurt is common in middle eastern cuisine and she says it's pretty much in every meal. we dip veggies and chips in it, put it in rice, everything when we get together. if we're at home, we just use plain yogurt, no added flavors or anything. we went to this really great restaurant once and they had this great thick, creamy yogurt and it had shallots and i think maybe garlic too minced in in. we ate it with raw chopped onions and raddishes (i think that's what they're called. those little pink skinned things that are white inside and crunchy.) you could experiment with different yogurt styles. i don't like the runnier yogurts as much as the thicker Mediterranean style yogurts. my favorite mediterranean cheese style yogurt was recently discontinued from the store i was buying it from. it was amazing. super thick and great on anything. now i've got to find some place else to buy it.
    It sounds like that would be a very powerful dip!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homemade cat food recipes [ 50 Answers ]

I am going to be adopting a kitty soon. Since I am on a very limited income, I plan to make my own cat food. I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for homemade cat food that are reasonably priced and easy to make. Also, I need to be able to get all the ingredients at a grocery store, since I...

Translate Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry Recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to help my nanny cook a chicken and veggie stir fry but she only speaks spanish. So I want to give her printed directions on how to make a chicken and vegetable stir fry. Thanks! :) Here is a recipe that I found: INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 3 cups water, divided 5 teaspoons...

Any good dip or snack recipes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am having friends over for the labor day weekend and I am bored with the same ole dip and snack recipes. Does anyone have any great recipes that they like? I would love to swap some if anyone is intereted.

Having a dip [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. I'm having a low and not sure what to do. I'm draining my friends and family crying all the time and I have my finals this week so I really need to get focused and revise. He told a mutual friend on fri that he was "really really happy" without me. He said he didn't want to reply to my...

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search