Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassman1355 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Can I hook a pioneer sx580 receiver to a pioneer sa6700 amp? Or will I blow something
    Can I hook a pioneer sx580 to a pioneer sa6700 150 watt amp or will I blow something?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 04:28 PM

No it should be fine as both components are stand alone. The amp is a signal booster and bumps up the sound from the receiver. So there should be no conflict.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 05:04 PM

Yep, the only thing to worry about is if the speakers you are connecting cannot handle what you are pushing to them.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Mar 14, 2010, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    ...or will I blow something?
    The quick answer is: YES, you could blow something. Read on to make sure you don't...

You didn't state how you plan to connect the two items. The previous answerers have assumed you'd do it the 'correct' way, but it's possible (if you have zero electronics knowledge) to do it the 'wrong' way and potentially blow your preamp inputs.

Do not try connecting the speaker terminals of the SX-580 to any input of the SA-6700. You must use a stereo RCA cable (with red and white plugs) to connect the SX-580's TAPE/REC sockets to either the TUNER or AUX socket pair on the SA-6700 (tuner would be most appropriate).

Then just select TUNER on the SA-6700's FUNCTION selector switch, and you're away!

Note however that the SA-6700's power output is only 40Wrms per channel, compared to the SX-580's 20Wrms per channel, so you'll barely hear the difference (3dB is not a big increase in volume).

Daniel
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielF View Post
    The quick answer is: YES, you could blow something. Read on to make sure you don't...

You didn't state how you plan to connect the two items. The previous answerers have assumed you'd do it the 'correct' way, but it's possible (if you have zero electronics knowledge) to do it the 'wrong' way and potentially blow your preamp inputs.

Do not try connecting the speaker terminals of the SX-580 to any input of the SA-6700. You must use a stereo RCA cable (with red and white plugs) to connect the SX-580's TAPE/REC sockets to either the TUNER or AUX socket pair on the SA-6700 (tuner would be most appropriate).

Then just select TUNER on the SA-6700's FUNCTION selector switch, and you're away!

Note however that the SA-6700's power output is only 40Wrms per channel, compared to the SX-580's 20Wrms per channel, so you'll barely hear the difference (3dB is not a big increase in volume).

Daniel
    I need to spread the rep... anyway... I agree. As always, a good catch. We did make an assumption and a bad one at that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pioneer help desk [ 8 Answers ]

I have bought 2 ir receivers for my pioneer amp. It seems that all I'm supposted to do is plug the lead into the back of the amp(ir in). But nothing happens? What am I doing wrong?

Pioneer help desk [ 4 Answers ]

Can my vsx-819h work a subwoofer that is not powered? I set up a speaker wire with a rca connection to the subwoofer out on the back of the receiver but no sound comes out of the sub?

Pioneer subs [ 12 Answers ]

What does the dual mean in front of the ohms? Like 1200 w dual 4 ohm sub

Yamaha vs. Pioneer [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone! We're building a house and my husband arranged for the contractor to install in-ceiling wiring and speakers for a home theater system. (Of course he didn't bother to talk to me about it first.) So now I've found out that we have the following: 5 speakers by Proficient Audio...

View more questions Search