Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa_m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Can I claim tutoring for my learning disabled son on my taxes?
    Our 6yo (2nd gr) son was diagnosed by the school as learning disabled with a delayed response (speech). Can we claim Sylvan tutoring as a deduction on our taxes as a medical expsense or as a childcare expense?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 12:50 PM
    For sure, you cannot claim it on the Child Care Credit.

You MAY be able to claim it as a medical expense, but you would need to get some detailed support documents from medical professionals stating that the tutoring is medically required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my disabled wife on my taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I have not lived together as husband and wife in almost 3 yrs.She is disabled and receives SSI.We r still married ,but I live in the Upstairs portion of the house with my 72 yr old dad and she lives in the downstairs portion of the house with our 2 daughters.Both portions of the house...

Can parents claim disabled adult 'kids' on their taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

My parents want to know if they can claim my 25 year old brother on their taxes? My brother has down syndrome and receives SSI, and lives at home, he also depends fully on my parents.. Last year the lady that did their taxes told them that they couldn't and I don't think that is the case. Please...

My husband and I can claim his brother who lives with us and is disabled. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's brother lives with us. He draws disability and he also drew SSI. Do we need to list any of his income on our tax forms?

My Son is 5 and I think he has a learning disability [ 2 Answers ]

My Son seems to have a problem and I can't figure out what it is. He speaks very well, it's almost like you are talking to an adult. However he can't figure out the most simple of task like putting on two socks because you have two feet. He will keep putting socks on top of each other .And when you...

Can I claim my disabled girlfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend received her benefits starting jan 07 back dated to may 06. So she was considered disabled for the entire year. During which she was living with me most of the time and I provided more than half of her living expenses. Can I claim her as a dependent and take head of house hold as well?

View more questions Search