Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstauffer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 10:46 AM
    How do I change from Firefox back to internet explorer
    My granddaughter changed my browser from internet explorer to Firefox and I want to change back, can you tell me how and if this is the wise thing to do?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:06 AM

Hopefully better answers will follow, since your online now, I would right click the Start Button, Open, Click on Programs, Maybe see if you can disable from there, I believe you should see both in the list of Start Programs, good luck.

Or maybe try Start, All Programs, right click Internet Explorer then pin to start menu.

Your Grandaughter may know a quick fix?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 01:23 AM

Quite personally, I'd just stick with the Firefox. Your granddaughter's got the right idea, though she shouldn't have been changing junk without your permission. (Unless it was an accident.)

I've never bothered to reset IE as my default browser cause I don't want to, but according to the help files, it's under Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, then click on reset web settings. That's also going to re-set the home page and such. That's also for my old IE6 - don't know if 7 or 8 is the same but likely something similar.

But really, I'd stick with Firefox. ;)
    donera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 04:21 AM
    Its very simple! Follow is instruction: right click on the task bar > properties > Start Menu > Customize > Internet Link (select Internet explorer as your internet link) that's it!
    Thankx
    donera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 04:21 AM
    Its very simple! Follow is instruction: right click on the task bar > properties > Start Menu > Customize > Internet Link (select Internet explorer as your internet link) that's it!
    Thankx
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 02:59 PM

Is that in Vista or Win7? Cause XP doesn't have any such thing. There's a place to check to show it in the Start Menu but not something called "Internet Link." (I'm not sure what making IE the default browser has to do with the Start Menu anyway.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way that Firefox run web sites designed just for Internet Explorer? [ 2 Answers ]

How can run appropriately in Firefox (mac) a web site designed just for Internet Explorer?

Can't access ebay.com through internet explorer or Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

Using xp professional sp2 and internet explorer 6.0 sp3 and can not access ebay.com using the address bar. Can access all other sites that I know of. I will relocate me to Google search then when I click on ebay.com it will give me the white screen isp provider etc. I have windows firewall turned...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Internet explorer or moxilla Firefox [ 11 Answers ]

Any opinion which is better IE or Firefox? I'm currently using the IE but plan to use the Firefox too... what's the difference? Thanks

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

View more questions Search