Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ss3861 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 07:23 AM
    1 stage vs 2 stage air conditioner
    We live outside Atlanta and looking to finish 1000 sq of our day light basement. We are all electric and have no gas in the neighborhood. Our basement stays pretty cool. Should we install a 1 or 2 stage hvac system?
    ss3861 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 07:24 AM
    1 stage vs 2 stage air conditioner
    We live outside Atlanta and looking to finish 1000 sq of our day light basement. We are all electric and have no gas in the neighborhood. Our basement stays pretty cool. Should we install a 1 or 2 stage hvac system? We plan on staying but the cost is unreal!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 02:15 PM
    1000 sq ft is a smaller home. I would just use a single stage that is properly sized for your home. See link below.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf How to pick a Contractor.pdf (309.7 KB, 156 views)
    tk03 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2010, 01:29 PM

For more info on sizing a/c look at the attached link
    Technical Menu under heat loss. The same ideas apply as sizing heating equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two stage vs single stage heat pump compressors- How much energy does a 2 stage save? [ 1 Answers ]

I am comparing 5 ton heat pumps; some with 2 stage compressors and some with single. Does the two stage really save that much energy when on a 5 ton compressor? Is it worth an extra $1200?

Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage) [ 1 Answers ]

Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat. I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search