Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Can one enter into a binding contract to buy with the executor of an estate?
    For the purpose of beating the April 30, 2010 deadline for first time home buyer is it legal(West Virginia) to sign a binding contract to buy with the executor of the estate? The 90 day process of probate with take a few days past 4-30-2010. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2010, 07:27 AM

Yes, the executor of an estate has the power to act as the legal representative of the estate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 07:30 AM

If the propety is suppose to be sold in probate, it is common for the executora to sell it and the proceeds go into the estate to be divided.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks, Scott and Chuck, after further research on the first time home buyer tax credit, It list several relatives that would exclude you from the tax credit, Would buying from an Aunt make you ineligible for the credit? Would any Lawyer be able to handle this or should I look for a specialty? Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    ... Would any Lawyer be able to handle this or should I look for a specialty?
    Any attorney could, in theory. Some might not be comfortable doing it, but they should know if and when they are over their head.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 09:43 AM

Thanks AK lawyer. Would Aunt selling the property make the tax credit ineligible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract signed by someone else but in my name. Binding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My mother took out a gym membership in my name as a Christmas gift. The contract is filled out in my name but signed by by mother. My mother has paid 11 months of the contract, but accidentally cancelled the direct debit one month early. The contract was completed and signed by my mother...

Executor of an estate [ 4 Answers ]

My wife is executor of an estate left to her by her father. My (wife) is looking a piece of property to buy she was told by the trustee that it had to be looked at and approved by him before the funds would be released. As executor doesn't she have the control to sign a purchase agreement which...

If you commit fraud to enter contract is contract valid? [ 4 Answers ]

Seems like a simle question. What's the answer? Thanks!

Is contract binding [ 5 Answers ]

Have signed contract to purchase house. Have given earnest money. Have not had home inspection or received papers from lender yet. Am I legally bound to purchase house or can I back out. I live in Ohio

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search