however I used the Mequinol with Tretoinin
    and HQ 4%.

for 3-4 weeks, and I did not have any white spots,
    just extreme lightening.
    Do you recommend it now?
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 17, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Ok so i really want to try mequinol/tretinoin combo on my back it is always the darkest part of my body and i was never able to lighten it.:mad:
    I know dessalm had great results with this combo and mequinol isn't pricey.i could try sepiwhite but it is so so expensive.
    I don't want to depig.
    I'm really scared of waking up with huge white spot :eek:
    So this is what i plan to do:
    Buy some Ht26 cream(it does not lighten at all but makes the skin smoothe and is great for oily skin,i think i can use it as base cause it does not have any harsh chemical in it),
    Buy some mequinol 10% from gold pharma
    Mix the 2 together with some tretinoin(since it's 10% i will have to use much more ht26 than mequinol in order to lessen the percentage)
    What do you think about that?
    Tell me about your experience with mequinol:)
    Misty,mequinol higher than two percent could cause satellite depigmentation,like monobenzone,
    And how will you know you've got the percentage right? What is you think you do and well one day you wake up with a white patch on your foot when you just applied it to your face and depigmenting sometimes can not be reversed especially with something like a chemical that can just choose where to start!
    Try RA and HQ this combo seems to be doing just fine with others,just the thing is with retin a,you need to find what's good for you.
    Go from weakest to the strongest your skin can tolerate. Or just stick to what works for you.

From what I'm reading mequinol is a cross out for me. Reasons being it has to come from greece,it only comes in 10g tubes,or 20g.
    It just doesn't seem maintanable.
    You know how long can You really keep such a routine up
    I'd like to walk into a shope buy what I need and be able yo do that at will...

Just all this,ill order from this online chemist to that online chemist doesn't seem maintainable
    I figure ill be lightening for the rest of my life so the regime,has to be maintainable and affordable.

Sorry about the longgg post I just had to tell some one.
    Sorry
    Thanks for reading
    yes___I mean no Posts: 35, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 20, 2010, 10:32 PM

I am currently using it and so far its OK, my skin is peeling like crazy. I'll post results in a month or so
    bkfinest006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yes___I mean no View Post
    i am currently using it and so far its ok, my skin is peeling like crazy. i'll post results in a month or so
    How's the results so far?
    Can you post a pic? =]

thanks
    yes___I mean no Posts: 35, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 16, 2010, 04:03 PM

Results are good, going to post pics on aug 22 exactly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tretinoin [ 3 Answers ]

Does Topical tretinoin (or Retin A) 0.1% lighten really lighten the skin? I did some research and it said that it was good for post-inflammatory hyperpigmention in people with darker skin colour. I just wanted to ask around and see what others know about it. Thanks

Has anyone tried Solage Solution? (Mequinol/Tretinoin) [ 50 Answers ]

It seems promising, it suppose to be less harsh than Benoquin? A combination of Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) and Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid)

Tretinoin Gel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got lots of fordyce spots on my penis and I have read on the internet that Tretinoin Gel or Cream can get rid of them. Is this true? If so where can I buy this cream? Also are there any other creams or lotions which would get rid of them or even reduce them?

View more questions Search