Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Syndrome Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 07:51 PM
    How would I go about hitting 400 pounds in weight?
    Please don't come out by saying the health risks. I know them. I want to know how I can hit 400 pounds. What should I eat? I have already gotten a bit chubby and enjoy the feeling. I have a quick metabolism, and I cannot seem to gain the weight I am looking for.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 07:58 PM

I'm just curious, why do you want to weight that much?

As far as gaining the weight; have you researched sumo wrestlers' diets?

Mar 12, 2010, 08:01 PM

Well, I just like the knowledge of being heavy. I want to prove that bigger people can ignore insults also.

I actually have read that guide, but as I can recall, with schedules, that diet won't really be possible.

Thanks for your reply. :)
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 08:05 PM

How much do you weight right now? Height? Sex?

They'll all make a difference in how people answer you.

Mar 12, 2010, 08:07 PM

About 116 lbs, 5'6, and Male.

Do remember that I have a high metabolism.
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 08:13 PM

You want to put on 300 extra pounds? That may not be possible for you.

You could try a high protein diet (getting protein from non-meat sources) and exercise to bulk up your muscle mass. Once you start gaining muscle weight, it may be easier to gain fatty weight. It'll also be healthier than just putting on fatty weight.

Look into diets used by sports players and wrestlers to bulk up to stay in, or move up to, a weight class.

Mar 12, 2010, 08:20 PM

Well, I have never tried to gain weight like this, but I heard that ice cream mixed with a protein mix right before bed will help me gain a lot of weight in a year.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 08:46 PM

You can't be serious... have you thought about the Health risks??

Mar 12, 2010, 08:52 PM

Yup. Nuff' Said.
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 08:55 PM

Apparently he knows all about them, and is willing to risk them.

I think this is probably a fetish. Some people enjoy overweight partners. Others enjoy being the overweight one.

I would suggest aiming for 200 if he REALLY wants to gain weight. At only 5'6", 200 lbs will make him appear significantly heavier than someone who's 5'10".

Regardless of how much weight he ends up gaining, it should be done as healthily and evenly paced as possible. Combining a high calorie diet with exercise to build up muscle mass while packing on fat reserves, makes the most sense to me.

I can't relate to the motivation behind this, but I can try to understand it. So far, I'm not doing very well, but I'm willing to try to help him stay as healthy as possible while he gains weight.

He'll either listen to us, or go somewhere else and get advice that will only be worse for him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    You can't be serious.......................... have you thought about the Health risks ???
    Yes, M. He knows that it will cause diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure as well as knee and back problems. Most likely sleep apnea. Did I forget any? Oh, yeah, with diabetes comes the risk of blindness, kidney problems, amputation of limbs. There is also a high risk of death associated with sleep apnea. But, since the OP already knows this, I'm sure he's ready to use a CPAP machine every night at bedtime.

Okay, here comes the reddie. :p
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, M. He knows that it will cause diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure as well as knee and back problems. Most likely sleep apnea. Did I forget any? Oh, yeah, with diabetes comes the risk of blindness, kidney problems, amputation of limbs. There is also a high risk of death associated with sleep apnea. But, since the OP already knows this, I'm sure he's ready to use a CPAP machine every night at bedtime.

Okay, here comes the reddie. :p
    You forgot high blood cholesterol, asthma and other breathing problems, chronic acid reflux, insomnia, depression, arthritis, clogged arteries, blood clots in his extremities, and varicose veins (which can cause severe pain and require operation). Oh, and risk of developing some types of cancer have been linked to obesity.

But he's willing to risk all that. Just so he can prove that obese people are able to ignore insults, personal attacks, and teasing. Let's ignore the fact that a test with only one subject, and one who not only created but has already decided what the outcome will be, is far from conclusive. He wants to show everyone that if he purposely gains excessive amounts of weight, that he'll be able to ignore the teasing he has already decided to expect and ignore.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    you forgot high blood cholesterol, asthma and other breathing problems, chronic acid reflux, insomnia, depression, arthritis, clogged arteries, blood clots in his extremities, and varicose veins (which can cause severe pain and require operation). oh, and risk of developing some types of cancer have been linked to obesity.

but he's willing to risk all that. just so he can prove that obese people are able to ignore insults, personal attacks, and teasing. let's ignore the fact that a test with only one subject, and one who not only created but has already decided what the outcome will be, is far from conclusive. he wants to show everyone that if he purposely gains excessive amounts of weight, that he'll be able to ignore the teasing he has already decided to expect and ignore.
    Thanks for the help there Heath. I did forget all of that. Busy with a patient, I guess I have contractions on the brain right now. :p
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 09:14 PM

Oh yeah, there's also impotence to worry about in obese men.
    Experts

Mar 12, 2010, 09:17 PM

How old are you?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 04:06 AM
    I am a big guy, and I have to work hard to keep my weight down. Swimming and Sumo are my favorite athletics, and I must caution you, Syndrome, this is not something you can do just to prove a point.

You asked about tripling your weight. How long are you prepared to work on this, 10 years? 20? It will take that long to re-train your metabolism and the rest of your life to keep it from killing you horribly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 14 years old 5'4 and I weigh 200 POUNDS I need to lose weight asap HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

This is my last year in junior high and we 8th grader have a lot of activities at the end of the school year which is in may. I'm 200 pounds so I want to at least lose 72 pounds by then and I only have 4 days out the week to exercise because I'm busy tuesday-thursday HELP PLZZZ I NEED THIS ASAP

If I weighed 200 pounds will io lose weight if I don't eat meat for 40 days? [ 2 Answers ]

There is this thing that my dad does once a year in February he don't eat meat for 40 days and I want to know if I would lose some weight We eat nothing but veggies and fruit and no starches

Affordable weight loss of 40 pounds in less than two months [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to lose 40 pounds in two months and be healthy and if so is it affordable?

50 pounds weight loss in one month: IMPOSSIBLE? [ 13 Answers ]

Basically, I'm an over-weight teenager who is wanting to lose 50 pounds in one month so badly. I don't really believe in diet pills and lyposunction. Those are never my options. I'm thinking about exercising but will that help? I mean, is it impossible to lose 50 pounds in one month? If you have...

I'm 5,9 I weight 200 pounds! Is that the right weight for me? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 5,9 I weight 200 pounds! Is that the right weight for me?

View more questions Search