Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1638 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Should I change my mains input tube ?
    The pipe that feeds my meter from the mains pipe in the road is 20mm. Currently the pipe from the meter to the house (about 40 meters) is also 20mm. My plumber is saying I should change the one from the Meter to the house to 35mm but my rusty physics says this would be pointless as the restriction would still exist with having a 20mm pipe from the mains to the input of the meter.

Anyone know the answer?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2010, 05:43 PM

First off wha country are you from? Your metrics don't match up with our standard pipe sizes.
    My plumber is saying I should change the one from the Meter to the house to 35mm
    And this would accomplish what?
    The only person receiving any benefit would be your plumber,
    What did he tell you. That the increase in pipe size of the house service would give you more pressure? Why did this conversion come up at all? Were you having pressure or volume problems? How old is your house and what material are the pipes? Copper, Plastic or galvanized? What size is the house main once the service enters the house? MY advice? Unless there's something I'm missing, Save your money!
    Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 06:21 PM

Why was the plumber there to begin with, what issues are you having? Your rust physics did not fail you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do with my hair? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everybody. Please I need help my hair is dry not really but it's not a good hair and I need a new hair cut. Actually my hair is long and I want to have a short hair cut but I’m worry because I don't know if it's going to be perfect .:( What can you suggest to me please? I want to have...

Should I still be worried that I'm Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

It's a strange story really, I may have had sex with my boyfriend( 5 weeks ago), but I don't think he'really went in all the way' but I know he did cume, very possibley not in me. I was worried about pregencey, we did'nt have any protection, so first thing the next morning I took the morning after...

What should I do [ 1 Answers ]

There is this boy that I think I still like but I don't I have dated him 3 times and I dumped him all 3 times because I felt like I did not like him but them like a week later I fell like I want to go out with him again HELP :( :( :(

View more questions Search