Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calder21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 08:30 PM
    Apparently nails and hair grow faster when you're sick. Right? Expert opinion?
    Hello. Apparently nails and hair grow faster when you're sick. I have found an answer on wiki answers that supports this but only from a layman. And apparently there is no solid evidence to suggest this even happens. Is their an expert available who can clarify this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:32 PM

I've never heard of this - can you provide a quote?

Makes no sense to me.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:34 PM

I have never before heard that and can't think of any reason that would be true. I'm curious what the wiki answer was and where you heard this.

I've been sick plenty of times. My nails have never changed growth rates while I was sick. Maybe I'm just getting sick with wrong things
    lucky500 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Its funny, but I just turned on my computer to Google the same question. Why? Because I have the flu and noticed that my hair grew quicker than usual.
    buzzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 08:43 PM
    They do grow 2x faster when your sick. I learned it in school.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzer View Post
    They do grow 2x faster when your sick. I learned it in school.
    1. this thread has been dead for about a year now. Please don't revive dead threads.

2. so you learned it in school... and what evidence is there to support it? Did your teacher say so and you believe it? Or do you have something to back it up?
    bigwig Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
    I have the flu right now and notice my hair grew extremely fast. I know this because I shave my hair bald to the skin and can easily notice growth rate. I also noticed my nails grew faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do to grow my hair faster [ 4 Answers ]

I ve cut my hair very short and it doesn't look good I want to grow it long please sugguest me

How to make your hair grow faster [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to make your hair grow any faster? I've been on a few websites but the things they say is a bit bizarre so I'm not sure if I'll do it.. e.g. mayo in your hair for 45 minutes twice a week or using pet shampoo.. so does anyone know? :) Im up for any suggestions but the mayo and...

How do I make my hair grow faster? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there really a way to make your hair grow faster? I have to be careful what I take, like medicine. I am on medicine for post partum depression. So if there is a pill that can make your hair grow faster , I need to make sure it doesn't interact with my medicine. Or how about something you put in...

Make hair grow faster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there any thing I should eat or pop in to make hair grow faster? I colored my hair and I do not like it but I do not want to color again I just want to grow back my natural hair color

How do I make my hair grow faster? [ 3 Answers ]

That's what I need to know... my hair is just above my shoulders and I want it just below my shoulders do you have any herbal remedies that will hep my hair grow a lot faster?

View more questions Search