Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PerryPig1997 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 08:35 AM
    A guinea pig for sure! I have only had mine for about two months... but I love her dearly. Contrary to some, I would say a guinea pig requires a lot of care. You need to clean their cage (I clean the dirtiest parts every other day, and the whole shabang once a week). They need fresh veggies and hay and pellets every day, some time to run about, and fresh water. Also, since guinea pigs can't produce Vitamin C. they need to be given it through food, veggies, and drops in their water. Most piggies love to snuggle and burrow in your arms. I have to say, mine has peed on me a couple times, but I solve this by always holding her on a towel. They really are cute, and make adorable noises! My guinea pig loves to be held, but I admit she is easily scared. Although, she does stand up to my dog, so who knows!

I can't say I don't like rabbits a lot too, though. My friend has a few, and they are very sweet and fun, I just prefer my piggy!
    megeroonie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 03:10 PM
    I had a bunny a couple of years ago & we gave it to a family friend because our cat liked to watch it & it didn't seem safe. Around a month ago I purchased two male guniea pigs. They are a lot of fun but they smell bad after around 4 or 5 days. But as long as the cage gets emptied offten they aren't bad. They don't try to bite or anything. I'd recommend them(:
    megeroonie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 03:12 PM
    I had a bunny a couple of years ago & we gave it to a family friend because our cat liked to watch it & it didn't seem safe. Around a month ago I purchased two male guniea pigs. They are a lot of fun but they smell bad after around 4 or 5 days. But as long as the cage gets emptied offten they aren't bad. They don't try to bite or anything. I'd recommend them(:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 06:02 PM

Old thread.

Please check dates before posting.

Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Guinea pig death [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm kind of new to this but my little girl had 2 guinea pigs, both female. I went to feed them earlier and discovered one of them had died. Is there anything I need to do for the other guinea as I know she'll be lonely without her pal?

Guinea pig playtime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, This is similar to my other hamster question but its about my guineas. I want to play with my guineas as well but they are really nervous little things and the slightest noise will make them go wild running all over the show. Also last time I let them out one ran up my pants leg because...

Guinea Pig mites? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right area to post a question like this. I have 4 guinea pigs and the oldest one has mites. So I looked on the internet and ivermectin at my local country store is only 8 dollars and it comes in a paste form in a tube. If I went to the vet that takes care of exotic pets...

View more questions Search